Finally a Russian 200mm+ Rocket OBA ON TARGET

stuh42asl

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
After over 37 years of ASL play I finally manged to get a Russian 200mm+ Rocket OBA ON TARGET.I am currently playing Onslaught at Orsha with doubled OOB for both sides.I suggest everyone try this, it will give you the full enjoyment of a literal picture of a massed Russian combined arms attack. Only addition I made was the increase in ISUs ,8 ISU122 AND 8 ISU152 and doubled sturmoviks(10) So far after 2 turns it is a prelim to a massive bloodbath, which Orsha is. But back to the Rocket OOB. Germans had an entire company of first liners dug in beside X 38, 39 buildings with a STUG III and a Marder in support. The Rocket OBA landed dead on target and literally vaporized a 8-0 leader, 6 X 4-6-7 , a 9-1 leader, a HMG and crew in 1+3+5 PILLBOX . The Stug III died in flames, as well as the Marder, The trenches did not protect the 4-6-7s and the entire section of 6 hexes of AP mines and wired laid in front of the trenches was destroyed. That left 6 x 4-6-7 , no leaders and a 1+3+5 with a MMG and crew..and no armor support, and a shattered defense line.

Kijug

Reaction score
First name
Matt
Country
llUnited States
War sucks…. But ASL is a blast!

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Isn’t there a rule that says rocket OBA is never accurate? NRBH
That is correct. Error is automatic and a Direction/Extent of Error DR must be made.

That said, it might 'accidentally' come down exactly where you wanted it, provided your AR hex is not exactly your intended target hex and you are relying on the Direction/Extent of Error DR by chance hitting that exact space you hoped for.

von Marwitz

kcole4001

Stray Cat
Reaction score
First name
Kevin
Country
llCanada
Ahhh, rocket OBA, good times...or extremely bad times depending.
I'd always place my AR taking into account how my dice usually rolled for error. Rarely worked out, but when it did it made it all worthwhile.

Anyone remember the old SL near miss rule on heavy direct fire ordnance? ;)
We always tried so hard to get amusing results from that.

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
Ahhh, rocket OBA, good times...or extremely bad times depending.
I'd always place my AR taking into account how my dice usually rolled for error. Rarely worked out, but when it did it made it all worthwhile.

Anyone remember the old SL near miss rule on heavy direct fire ordnance? ;)
We always tried so hard to get amusing results from that.
Yes that SL rule was one of my favorites. 🤗

stuh42asl

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
That is correct. Error is automatic and a Direction/Extent of Error DR must be made.

That said, it might 'accidentally' come down exactly where you wanted it, provided your AR hex is not exactly your intended target hex and you are relying on the Direction/Extent of Error DR by chance hitting that exact space you hoped for.

von Marwitz
I know it is not accurate, but landing right beside the AR is accurate..especially when you throw uncontrolled rocket at something...and yes BTW the Captian of the Katusha Battery got a life time supply of vodka an immediate promotion to Major, and a night with several Russian comfort girls :).......