Final protective fire vs CE AFV

Mr Higgs

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Can I force an enemy unit to use FPF if I move a CE AFV adjacent to to their location ?
they wou roll for a FPF TC with a +2 TEM ?
For FPF A8.31 uses the term " ground units " and S8.613 uses the term " adjacent target ".
Neither of these terms seem to specify between infantry and AFV.

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
As long as the unit passes the NTC as per S8.613 it looks as if they would. I also add a personal home rule the shot would have to be able to inflict a NMC upon the CE AFV as that's my usual "rule-of-thumb" when I play FtF (of course there will always be exceptions). I play the ENEMY player as if a FtF player that pretty much knows what I have in mind. If it looks as if I'm about to OVR him, they'll most probably wait until I enter their Location (perhaps include a dr to determine a random response) but if the ENEMY player needs 'zid in the ADJACENT hex, I will attempt the FPF (again it may require another dr to see if that's what he would do). SASL is your game, so come up with whatever fits your style of play while remaining essentially true to the rules is my philosophy. YMMV.

Mr Higgs

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
The enemy is in a stone building so OVR is not likley and yes it could inflict a MC.
What do you think of the enemy attempting FPF for each delay MP used by the AFV in the adjacent hex ?

A_T_Great

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The enemy is in a stone building so OVR is not likley and yes it could inflict a MC.
What do you think of the enemy attempting FPF for each delay MP used by the AFV in the adjacent hex ?
If following the SASL rules, then yes, as many times as they have a chance to fire, they will attempt to fire, if they pass the 2TC every time. I would add however, that if it fails the TC, it will no longer attempt to fire at that target, no matter how many MPs/MFs it expends adjacent to it.

Jon

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Can I force an enemy unit to use FPF if I move a CE AFV adjacent to to their location ?
they wou roll for a FPF TC with a +2 TEM ?
For FPF A8.31 uses the term " ground units " and S8.613 uses the term " adjacent target ".
Neither of these terms seem to specify between infantry and AFV.
The +2CE is a DRM but it is not a TEM.
So it has to pass just a normal PTC to use FPF

Cheers
Jon

Mr Higgs

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
It says its a NTC is modified by " any TEM or FFNAM, FFMO.
That sounds like the +2CE would not apply to the TC but would apply to any fire.

Mr Higgs

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
If following the SASL rules, then yes, as many times as they have a chance to fire, they will attempt to fire, if they pass the 2TC every time. I would add however, that if it fails the TC, it will no longer attempt to fire at that target, no matter how many MPs/MFs it expends adjacent to it.

Mr Higgs

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Would this also apply to infantry,
If i moved a MMC adjacent to the enemy using 2MP, if the enemy failed the first TC would it not attempt a 2nd TC ?

A_T_Great

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Would this also apply to infantry,
If i moved a MMC adjacent to the enemy using 2MP, if the enemy failed the first TC would it not attempt a 2nd TC ?
That is how I would play it.