File Size?

ASLSARGE

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
What is the largest file that can be uploaded into a thread on the GS ASL Forums? I tried to do one earlier today of 3.25MB in size and got a message that the file was too large. Thanks for any replies.

Michael R

Minor Hero
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
My experience in writing illustrated AARs has taught me to limit the size of the illustrations to less than 1 MB.

ASLSARGE

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
My experience in writing illustrated AARs has taught me to limit the size of the illustrations to less than 1 MB.
I see. I was trying to post a photo of an ASL map......guess I will have to trim it down.....coulda sworn I saw other similar photos of maps just as large if not bigger in the forums before.

ASLSARGE

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Resolution is usually the driver.
What I have discovered over the past couple of weeks is that if I take a somewhat close-up shot it gets labeled "File too Large". I tried greatly reducing the size of the area photographed but still no dice. If I take a photo from farther away of the same thing, it turns out fine (file size wise). Of course the photo comes out somewhat blurry but at least it loads into GameSquad. Weird.

zgrose

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Zoltan
Country
llUnited States
It’s only weird if you’re not looking at the resolution information. It’s all about the pixel count, and if your image is compressed.