Fighting Withdrawal

ForgetFullPhil

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Playing the 1st scenario in Beyond Valour, I noticed that there are 3-3-7 Russian squads in the available counters but no notification of their status. Are they 1st line, Elite, or whatever? Thank you to anyone who can help!

A_T_Great

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Playing the 1st scenario in Beyond Valour, I noticed that there are 3-3-7 Russian squads in the available counters but no notification of their status. Are they 1st line, Elite, or whatever? Thank you to anyone who can help!
They are Partisan

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
Playing the 1st scenario in Beyond Valour, I noticed that there are 3-3-7 Russian squads in the available counters but no notification of their status. Are they 1st line, Elite, or whatever?
As answered above, they are printed in Soviet color but are not Soviet and can represent partisans of any area. See A25.24 and especially the first sentence for an explanation of the color choice. Partisans have no class [A1.25], but are neither elite nor inexperienced for any purpose. Note that this last applies to SMC as well.

JR

Justiciar

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Phil,

Also just for future posting tip, you posted this is in the sub-folder Rules & Errata, your post is not really a rules/errata type question. It is a general observation, "hey what are these counters," so would be better on the main page. This section is best held for rules/errata.

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
Also just for future posting tip, you posted this is in the sub-folder Rules & Errata, your post is not really a rules/errata type question. It is a general observation, "hey what are these counters," so would be better on the main page. This section is best held for rules/errata.
He did ask what class they are. Sounds like a rules question to me.

JR

ForgetFullPhil

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Thanks Guys! Struggling with the changes from ASL SKs to full ASL. Quite a mind blower. Waiting for a reasonably priced full rulebook to appear on-line. Until then just using on-line pdf version which is not the best. Whilst I am on, what are those strange leader counters showing them from the waist up! Are they in quick-sand or something!

Jason Cameron

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
MMP hasn't released a .pdf version of the rulebook. Whatever you are using is not legal for you to use.
Just buy a rulebook for $40 on MMP's website.

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
Bad advice: the $40 rulebook is the Pocket one.
It has no dividers nor chapter H.
Better find a normal 2nd ed. rulebook for a beginner.

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
Whilst I am on, what are those strange leader counters showing them from the waist up! Are they in quick-sand or something!
Those are armour leaders.
They can influence the performances of their armoured vehicles.

bendizoid

Official ***** Dickweed
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
If the rules say ‘flip a counter’ can I flip it 360 degrees? Can I flip it 90 degrees, leaving the counter in a unstable quantum state of flipped/Unflipped?

Last edited:

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
If the rules say ‘flip a counter’ can I flip it 360 degrees? Can I flip it 90 degrees, leaving the counter in a unstable quantum state of flipped/Unflipped?
To "flip" counters means you buy them in less-than-perfect condition, improve/repair/upgrade them then sell them at a profit. It requires less capital than flipping houses. See the House and Garden channel for instructions.

JR

bendizoid

Official ***** Dickweed
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
To "flip" counters means you buy them in less-than-perfect condition, improve/repair/upgrade them then sell them at a profit. It requires less capital than flipping houses. See the House and Garden channel for instructions.

JR
The question remains, doesn’t say I can’t.

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
The question remains, doesn’t say I can’t.
There are no hard-and-fast rules for what you do to sell the counters. If you think displaying them turned at 90 degrees will improve your profit, go for it.

JR

WuWei

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Tobias
Country
llGermany
You can do whatever your opponent lets you get away with!

ForgetFullPhil

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
MMP hasn't released a .pdf version of the rulebook. Whatever you are using is not legal for you to use.
Just buy a rulebook for $40 on MMP's website.
It seems to me that whilst MMP decline to print anew the 2nd Edition rules, and I do want these rather than a pocket edition, we have to rely on what we can get. Here in the UK I see that the full rulebooks are selling for stupid prices like £250 plus £50 postage on ebay, plus probably a horrible amount of import tax. I guess thats about $400 - $450 dollars. I am beginning to love asl, for all that it is extremely complex, but there are limits on what one could and should spend on a wargame, even at Christmas time!

Pyth

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Bad advice: the $40 rulebook is the Pocket one.
It has no dividers nor chapter H.
Better find a normal 2nd ed. rulebook for a beginner.
If the 2nd ed is oop (seriously? So not cool imo... and I dont think MMP has much moral legitimacy bellyaching about folks turning to copyrightinfringing .pdf if they let it go oop... although they still have of course 100% legal legitimacy) you could buy the pocket RB for 40 bucks (cuz its a great RB imo which you will want in any case) and the 1st edition RB on the cheap for the dividers and H. That's not optimal there is a lot of content on the 2nd ed dividers that's not on the first ed dividers and some differences in chap H too...... but it is definitely better than no RB/Chap H/ Dividers imo... Hopefully the lack of 2nd ed RB hasnt driven the price of 1st ed RBs high too (i havent checked) ... i dont know what pdf rulebook you are using... there are more than one floating about. The one's I've seen have been pretty wretched... full of not so minor errors. GL.

*edit... come to think of it wasnt mmp selling just the 2nd ed dividers at one point? Is that right? If so pocket plus 2nd ed dividers is almost ideal imo... you'd just need to the Chap H.

Last edited: