Fighting Talk: EVE vs Star Trek Online

Palantir

Member #86
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Well that was a nice informative read, although I've never felt a need to play STO.

What it did bring back was what the LotRO game used to be with it's original content, "Shadows of Angmar" and what they have gone to now with "Enedwaith." One was a brutal world of grouping up or die and the other a solo walk for the experience or put more simply, one was for Rings lovers and the other for the masses of casual MMO players. (Oh that LotRO had kept going it's first type design!)

Mantis

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I have a limetime sub with extra ships purchased from the C-Store for STO that I would let go for a good price... (Thinks back with regret... /facepalm)

Nexus6

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Anyone see my comments on EvE at the GameSquad Eve page? I wanted to really like this game due to the PvP empires, but as it happened it was the most miserable 3-4 hours of gaming I've ever experienced. I think my main complaint is that I seemed to discover firsthand what people have been saying in other forums about the rude, unhelpful, elitist, and sociopathic EvE player community. :( I do agree though that STO seems pretty trite compared to the big complex monster that is EvE.

Last edited: