FfS Review

Yuri0352

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
An instance of minor counter errata which I noticed today...
Fighter Bomber counter 'D' (no bomb load) is missing the red '2' ROF number.

Justiciar

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Ground the airplane! I shall take matters up with its wing personnel immediately!

Thank you for pointing this out.

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Was there a design reason for not allowing Mortars to set up in railcar hexes? I would have thought that would be natural terrain for an indirect fire weapon.

Justiciar

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
No single particular thing...
__
EDIT: an hour later.
I twice wrote and then twice deleted my deign reason, and decided to write just the above. There were particular things but I didn't feel it "wise" to explain less some grand debate begin. But then silence makes it seem like it was an oversight, which is was not. I just don't think it great to have to "defend" myself at every twist and turn but since you are one of the reasonable folk on this site I shall.

But my thinking went like this...rali yards are hard gravely places, Seoul was no different judging by the photos of the time. Gravel is not the best terrain to "emplace" mortars and seat base plates and keep them so. Further rail yards have tracks running close to each other wherein the space between one set of cars and another is the width of a rail car and a few feet either side, (I am sure you have had that Bernoulli effect when trains pass in opposite direction, you know how close you are to the other train) now when you have the rail cars themselves ether side of your mortar, your elevation options are reduced, you can fire close in with tube toward the vertical, but for range then you begin to get jammed. Likewise, the blast of firing within the confined space between rail cars would also be pretty degrading on the crew.

Last edited:

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Indeed, and with some nice humor bits thrown in... Class.
You gents did tremendous work and I feel like I should honor it at least a little. I am glad you like it. To be honest I spent a while looking through the Seoul map for places I recognise from my business trips.

You mentioned thinking about fireteams while working on Forgotten Wars. I don't know why I never did before but I read through the design notes to Forgotten Wars today. Love it! I know I will enjoy reading through the design notes for The Fight for Seoul as well.

Well done!

Rgds Jack

Justiciar

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Be interesting if you found a place you knew, beside the palace, Ma Po Blvd, the Great Gate...since...Miracle on the Han transformation of the place. Now if you find that really good place to eat at on the map do let me ASAP and I will make an SSR that the place can't be rubbled!

Yes, lots of nice factoids to be found in footnotes. The historian in me has a fondness for them.

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Be interesting if you found a place you knew, beside the palace, Ma Po Blvd, the Great Gate...since...Miracle on the Han transformation of the place. Now if you find that really good place to eat at on the map do let me ASAP and I will make an SSR that the place can't be rubbled!

Yes, lots of nice factoids to be found in footnotes. The historian in me has a fondness for them.
Well I have recruited a few salespeople from Ewha Women University. Gorgeous campus!

Justiciar

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
There are some comments from post 2 on here...

Justiciar

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Seems Dave Ramsey and his Illuminating Rounds plan to have a look at FFS soon...see next to last post as of this dated post.