FfS Review

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
I got to say that the Seoul map could stand in for a Japanese city if anyone wanted to try a DYO CG of Operation Downfall. Personally I am a fan of DYO CGs and Downfall is just crying out to done.

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
With apologies to Andy for suggesting I use his masterwork in a DYO setting. :rolleyes:

jtsjc1

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Figuring out LOS on that Seoul map could take awhile. Another excellent map though, my order is going in.

Justiciar

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
With apologies to Andy for suggesting I use his masterwork in a DYO setting. :rolleyes:
You are free to do as you will. There is no need to apologize for seeing other ways to use the map. I hope you appreciate the added space (see Ben's review post of the play area upgrade) for your triple OB. ;)

Houlie

CEO of HoulieDice (TM)
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I wonder if VASL maps are in production? That is often a deal breaker for me if not. I suspect that may be true for others as well.

RobZagnut

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
No. They are all HASL.
Perfect.

I'm at a point where I can't play CGs, but prefer to play scenarios on HASL maps. Valor of the Guards and Festung Budapest had amazing HASL scenarios. Looking forward to Seoul scenarios, as well as, Dinant, Brevity Assault, Onslaught to Orsha, Corregidor, and Red Factories HASL scenarios.

Justiciar

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I wonder if VASL maps are in production? That is often a deal breaker for me if not. I suspect that may be true for others as well.
Yes there are VASL maps, as some folks PTed that way. I will contact Tuomo and Xavier about getting these released.

Reading through I see now ibncalb has answered this.

Houlie

CEO of HoulieDice (TM)
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The maps are underway and the counters are due maybe on tomorrow. There are quite a few counters and I want to be sure that everything works as expected.
I missed that. Thank you for the response.

Xavier 658

LFT Magazine Editor
Reaction score
First name
Xavier
Country
llSpain
I just sent it to Benj so that he could downsize it and upload it on LFT site, since it was 19 Mo....

If everything goes well, the FFS VASL module should be ready around this week end.

Cheers,

X

JoeArthur

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Looking forward to Seoul scenarios, as well as, Dinant, Brevity Assault, Onslaught to Orsha, Corregidor, and Red Factories HASL scenarios.
We played two of the new Onslaught To Orsha scenarios at the Blackpool Bounding Fire tournament. They both appeared to be unbalanced. Maybe it was us Brits getting it wrong?

With Brevity Assault and those Italian packs what worries me is mixing slopes and hillocks together was not what ASL needed?

Looks like this one is a buy - which is good because I've already put in a pre-order with Second Chance Games on the basis that the people that gave us KGS were going to produce something special. Now I just have to sell some blood to raise the required cash...........

Thanks once again Xavier and the Le Franc Tireur team. What's next on your list?