FfS Q+A

Doug Kirk

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Question on Smith's Ridge KPA reinforcements, I assume footnote 7 only does away with the sector restrictions? It doesnt allow you to set up on map for free? All G groups have to enter or pay extra for on map set up?

JR Brackin

Cardboard Challanged
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Question on Smith's Ridge KPA reinforcements, I assume footnote 7 only does away with the sector restrictions? Correct

It doesnt allow you to set up on map for free? No, it does not as you noted.

All G groups have to enter or pay extra for on map set up? Correct EXC: Flak Alley which neither enters or sets up on map (its an abstraction)...its price is its price.

See above for responses - I received them from the designer.

Doug Kirk

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
What is the on map cost increase for a "G" group? 11.6194 says 1CPP for KPA "I" RG, says nothing about other RG types.

Seems odd most other CGs let you set up guns on board.

Doug Kirk

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Anyone??? Guns can set up on map in Battle of the Barricades, but not in Smith's Ridge, or does footnote 7 allow you to set up on map?

JR Brackin

Cardboard Challanged
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
the short is answer yes they set up on map for both at no extra cost. LFT will post errata on this

gbartlett2001

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Smith’s Ridge Reinforcements

I am struggling to figure out how KPA purchases enter the game. On p22 11.6194 indicates infantry enter during the course of the CG Day (See SSR CG 9; 11.4). I can’t seem to find that SSR.

I understand that on map setup is one extra CPP and Reserve Mode is available for one less CPP but not sure the standard purchases enter.

Any assistance is appreciated.

Gary Bartlett

JR Brackin

Cardboard Challanged
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
That SSR is on page 8 of the CG book - it refers to USMC AFVs entering at night must remain out of play.

if you look at the charts for the KPA in either scenario - they state either L for Left or R for Right sector or NA meaning it can set up in any non-isoloated area.

KPA Defense Sectors are defined in Section 4 of the Smith's Ridge Rules and Section 3 of the Seoul Rules.

Due to the decision to divide the rules between Smiths Ridge, Seoul, and the CG there may be a little confusion, however, understand that whichever CG you are playing then always have that particular map's rules handy and you should be able to get the answers.

However, if you have more questions let me know and I will try to answer or will get you an answer.

Last edited:

gbartlett2001

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Another question for Smith's Ridge -

The CG Rules (SmR3.4) indicate that Steep Hills are in effect at all levels for Concealment purposes (only). Does that mean the Fortification restrictions in the normal KW rules (W 1.37) do not apply?

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Another question for Smith's Ridge -

The CG Rules (SmR3.4) indicate that Steep Hills are in effect at all levels for Concealment purposes (only). Does that mean the Fortification restrictions in the normal KW rules (W 1.37) do not apply?
This is from Andy :

"Correct Fortifications do not apply. COWTRA the rule reads "....purposes (only) for all units/Guns."

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
Have a question about the Aircraft rocket rules. When making a point attack with the rockets and the resolution DR is vs AFV as per C1.55 the rules say that a -4 DRM is applied cumulative with all other DRM. My question is if this DRM is cumulative with the C7.21 case A: AFV Rear Target facing and C7.22 case B: Aerial Elevation advantage. If this is the case then the total negative DRM would be -6. Which is bloody lethal!

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
They are only 7 penetration so it's maybe not all that great.

A hit vs. an AFV is resolved as per C1.55 Indirect Fire vs. AFV IFT DRM, using the 70mm HE column of the IFT [EXC: a -4 DRM cumulative with all other C1.55 DRM applies here].

So you are rolling on the 12 FP IFT column.It's nasty but no other modifier except -1 for all AF <4 or +1 if all AF>8 apply.

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
Rolling on the 12FP IFT column. With a -4 DRM, plus any other DRM such as Cases A and B, and the AF DRM and of course TEM.

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
My bad...the case A and B only apply to the To Kill tables...not C1.55. Gotcha.

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
So in summary you get the C1.55 attack with a -4 DRM on the 12 FP IFT column. Plus the AF modifiers and TEM.

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
It is interesting how the LFT aircraft rocket rules are different from the BFP aircraft rocket rules....