FfS Q+A

Justiciar

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hi

The cathedral is a factory at both levels...and you could be in hex J55 at ground level and see a unit at level 1 in K56.

What you wanted was maybe written like this [EXC: it also has a Level 1 factory locations in.....] or something like this. In any case the idea for this can from a DftB scenario where they also have this modeling.

Andy

Last edited:

sswann

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Steven
Country
llUnited States
The rules reference using yellow dot marines for one regiment, regular marines for another and red dot marines for a third.

My single countersheet didn't have any red dot marines. It does however have no dot marines who I guess stand in for the red dot marines.

This makes sense if you have the game.
Mine also came without red dots, but here is a work-a-round...
Get a Red Fine Point Sharpie pen and place a red dot on enough counters to match (in numbers) the Yellow Dot Marines.
Works great for me.

Note: if you want multiple battalions of Marines you can do the same with a Green and Blue Sharpie.

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
Get a Red Fine Point Sharpie pen and place a red dot on enough counters to match (in numbers) the Yellow Dot Marines.
Works great for me.

Note: if you want multiple battalions of Marines you can do the same with a Green and Blue Sharpie.
Good idea!

Tater

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Santa brought me both the FW module and the FFS CG...a total shock!

I do have some questions...
11.616 says historical DRM do not apply to CPP, but 11.6161 says they do...which is it?

How does one make a DR on the 11.618 weather table?

Partial Orchards, 15.2 says they are not ? Terrain, however it is printed in red on the terrain chart...which is it?

On the terrain chart for “Factory”, in the comments column there is a reference to FFS8...there is nothing about factories in FFS8...why the reference?

In the initial “OB” card for the Marines in the Barricades CG should the second group be the 2/1 Marines rather than 3/1 (3/1 is referenced for 2 different groups)?

Justiciar

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
11.616 says historical DRM do not apply to CPP, but 11.6161 says they do...which is it?

Those shown do.

How does one make a DR on the 11.618 weather table?

The weather is as shown on the chart. This is a vestige error.

Partial Orchards, 15.2 says they are not ? Terrain, however it is printed in red on the terrain chart...which is it?

The rule is correct at 15.2 (and in SmR at 10.2), the intent is the matches Partial Orchard as found elsewhere, eg PB/ABtF. Seoul Terrain chart should be black font there. The Smith's Ridge terrain chart has it correctly coded, for some reason not so on the Seoul chart.

On the terrain chart for “Factory”, in the comments column there is a reference to FFS8...there is nothing about factories in FFS8...why the reference?

This goes back to a time when the rules were all in one book. Xavier wanted the rules broken into three (all this briefly covered in the intro blurb on p.4), this was the old c-f to that first book, which did not get switched over to a new c-f. So for the SmR the c-f is SmR9, for Seoul it is S12.

In the initial “OB” card for the Marines in the Barricades CG should the second group be the 2/1 Marines rather than 3/1 (3/1 is referenced for 2 different groups)?

No. G and H Companies are correct as the is 3rd Bn. The black dot in the USMC RG Key, with 2/1 shown is because they take over from 3/1 after the first night (3/1 went into reserve thereafter), so when you are buying black dot elements later in the CG it is actually 2/1 then. Hence why both are shown in the key section.

jeffwinto

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
The rules are clear about using fire teams for marine 768 squads what about the 768 assault engineers? Do they deploy to 3 248 or 2 348 (the 348 is depicted in section 16.2 under USMC Characteristics).

I am finding the rules for High Walls confusing. In section 10.2 most of the body of the rules seem to be contained in the portion starting with the [EXC: and ending with unchanged, 10.1]. Is this to indicate that Fortress Walls and High Walls are the same except for the obvious gaps?

Can you really street fight vehicles in HH10 from II11?

Thanks

Justiciar

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hi Jeffwinto,

I can see your point on the A/E that is a layout error (I blame Xavier....and then blame myself for missing that in proofing), yes the A/E still deploy to 3x 248.

Yes.

No, you cannot street fight across a high wall / fortress wall that is un un-breached it is still a Factory Wall, one could across the "gap" but I don't think there are any that line up that way building-gap-street/CWB-building off the top of my head. Granted EXC; should be at S3.1. Will get that added as errata.

Andy

jeffwinto

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Andy,

My assumption was that the A/E would deploy into 3 248, but I did want to clarify it as it was unclear in the rules.

Ok so you can treat a Fortress/High Wall as the building on the other side of a road for determining street fighting (example would be a unit in GG11 being able to declare street fighting against a vehicle in HH10 or HH11).

We have met before at the ASLOK, I was helping a couple of players work out how to play operation chariot (FFS is cool but operation chariot is still in my opinion the coolest thing every produced for ASL).

Keep up the good work.

Jeff

Justiciar

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Jeff,

Yes, the wall is like a building on the other side, it prevents the vehicle from getting away...like a building does in the "ASLRB" version of the rule. DFE.

Ahhh, I think I can picture you now. Tallish, slender build, short hair cut... black rimmed glasses. Hope I have that right. Otherwise when we are next at ASLOk make sure I get it right by meeting up again.

Andy

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I have a small sheet of errors I'vs found, mainly very minor spelling or affect/effect type. Who should I send this to? You or Xavier?

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Does anyone else, upon reading anything about the "Seoul map" immediately start humming Sam and Dave's Soul man? No?
Just me then....

Justiciar

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I have a small sheet of errors I'vs found, mainly very minor spelling or affect/effect type. Who should I send this to? You or Xavier?
You can send to X. As I do not have access to, nor the skill set, to post on LFT'w website. If you have a FfS game question and answer type thing then post and I will answer here as I have done before.

KhandidGamera

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Works great for me.

Did something similar when playtesting BRT, drew a colored pen line along the counter sheet seams - faster if dealing with multiple sets.

jeffwinto

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Jeff,

Yes, the wall is like a building on the other side, it prevents the vehicle from getting away...like a building does in the "ASLRB" version of the rule. DFE.

Ahhh, I think I can picture you now. Tallish, slender build, short hair cut... black rimmed glasses. Hope I have that right. Otherwise when we are next at ASLOk make sure I get it right by meeting up again.

Andy
I think you got the right guy (of course compared to you I am neither tallish or slender build and my lack of hair has little to do with my hair cut).

Jeff