FFMO & WA

Darkman

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
My squad is moving along a hedge in an open ground hex. It is fired on by a enemy unit. Since the wall would provide a positive die roll modifier FFMO doesn't apply.

But, suppose the unit firing has a 1 level (or 2+ level) height advantage. Since every level of height advantage lowers the TEM of a wall/hedge by 1 the TEM in this case would be +0. That is to say the wall/hedge still provides TEM but is modified to +0 by the height difference. So the moving unit is still not afflicted with FFMO but gains no net TEM.

Do I have this right or wrong? Would the firing unit having a 2+ level advantage make a difference?

Chas Argent

Play to the end.
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
See B9.33; basically, if the elevation of the firer above the wall is greater than the distance in hexes to the target you reduce the TEM of the wall by one for each full level by which the height exceeds the distance.

Once the TEM is reduced to 0, FFMO applies.

Darkman

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
oops

about an hour after I posted this question I stumbled on to that clarification in the rules. I must have looked over it 3 or 4 times and not noticed it. Thanks for responding anyways.