Hutch
Country
llUnited States
$129.00, I may wait awhile.

jtsjc1

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hopefully that price comes down by release date.

Bill Cirillo

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Okay, it looks like the $129 is a currently inflated Amazon pre-order cost.

Buy direct from Peko Publishing and save quite a bit.

I’ve ordered direct from them about a half dozen times. No issues. Well packaged. This includes the Hungarian version of these same two books.

Bill

RobZagnut

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Okay, it looks like the $129 is a currently inflated Amazon pre-order cost.

Buy direct from Peko Publishing and save quite a bit.

I’ve ordered direct from them about a half dozen times. No issues. Well packaged. This includes the Hungarian version of these same two books.

Bill
Bill, you should buy it. You could probably make a decent campaign game out of that book...

Vic Provost

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Vic
Country
llUnited States
Vic,

Thanks for the kind words. I’m more of an a ASL translator. Kamen Nevenkin has now done a wealth of research that I’m just leveraging into ASL terms. ?

All good times!

Bill
Let the good times roll (low) Bill !

Was nice to meet you in Albany several years ago, nice work you do, Vic.

Bill Cirillo

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Let the good times roll (low) Bill !

Was nice to meet you in Albany several years ago, nice work you do, Vic.
Vic,

I’m just extremely glad that you are recovering your health after what you went through!

Dispatches from the Bunker is one of the truly great contributions to the ASL hobby! I look forward to every release as there is always a gem or more in every issue.

Plus, it is a great example of sustained excellence. As much as any contributor to the ASL community, you’ve demonstrated an ability to continuously produce a highly affordable top quality product.

You and the guys should be very proud of your accomplishments and the lasting mark it has made on the hobby.

All the best.

Bill

Last edited:

Jumbo

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I for one would like to see a campaign game for "Festung Budapest" that uses all four maps.
This book is a must-buy for me.

Vic Provost

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Vic
Country
llUnited States
Vic,

I’m just extremely glad that you are recovering your health after what you went through!

Dispatches from the Bunker is one of the truly great contributions to the ASL hobby! I look forward to every release as there is always a gem or more in every issue.

Plus, it is a great example of sustained excellence. As much as any contributor to the ASL community, you’ve demonstrated an ability to continuously produce a highly affordable top quality product.

You and the guys should be very proud of your accomplishments and the lasting mark it has made on the hobby.

All the best.

Bill
Wow, Thanks so much for the very kind words Bill, very much appreciated here!

I'm blessed to have a great team with me, without Tom Morin and the Bunker Crew, there would be no Dispatches.

We are working hard on Issue #49 (hard to believe we've been at it since 1997 and will be doing #50 in the Fall) and look for it in early April.

We will finish up our look at paradrops with 2 more unique actions along with Carl Nogueira's next installment on that aspect of the game system.

We'll also have an early war, France 40 scenario with elements of Grossdeutchland attacking across a rural canal against an initial French defense, trying to force their way across the railroads beyond while the French hang on waiting for mid-game combined-arms reinforcements to arrive to save the day. This scenario looks like a winner and a ton of fun. Lastly we'll have our first look at Korea with a tourney sized action with the Americans attacking a ridge-line defense with few new rules and a pretty straight-forward scenario.

We aim to please and look at this newsletter to please us 1st, if we are satisfied, we are pretty sure it will make everyone else happy, too.

Thanks again for your interest and support and for your continued work in the hobby and for more to come in Budapest, :) Vic.

Jumbo

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
And, I must add to my above comment.
Will this book cover the fighting in the city; will it cover the time and area depicted in "Festung Budapest"?
Or will it just cover the battles outside of Budapest,as does "Armored Battles in the Battle for Budapest", by Norbert Szamveber, which I purchased, not cheaply, on Ebay, only to find that it covers no fighting inside Budapest?

Bill Cirillo

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
And, I must add to my above comment.
Will this book cover the fighting in the city; will it cover the time and area depicted in "Festung Budapest"?
Or will it just cover the battles outside of Budapest,as does "Armored Battles in the Battle for Budapest", by Norbert Szamveber, which I purchased, not cheaply, on Ebay, only to find that it covers no fighting inside Budapest?
I’m away from my Hungarian language copy for a couple days, so no specifics, but yes, a large portion of the book covers the fighting in Budapest. Both the Soviet and Romanian reduction of Pest and the ensuing Soviet reduction of Buda, up to the base of Castle Hill.

Jumbo

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I’m away from my Hungarian language copy for a couple days, so no specifics, but yes, a large portion of the book covers the fighting in Budapest. Both the Soviet and Romanian reduction of Pest and the ensuing Soviet reduction of Buda, up to the base of Castle Hill.
This is great news!
Thank you for this, very much.

Jumbo

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Regarding Norbert Szamveber's writing: I find his writing to be excellent, and based on the books of his that I have read, I recommend his work highly.

thedrake

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Have my pre-order in with Peko as they are great to deal with, and no issues getting books from Hungary. Also looking forward to Szamveber's next book from Peko, Last Panzer Battles in Hungary.