Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

James Taylor

I love women with brains
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Gary is not being inconsistent, but he is certainly finding a lot to criticise about CGII. It is early days yet. The CG might be terrifically exciting BECAUSE of the two mentioned loopholes that Gary has found. The AS level change DR makes the CG a bit dicey...but the dice add terrific excitement and the element of unpredictability to the game. The Russian difficulty to get his troops on board and get the assault rolling at the beginning adds great excitement as well. Will the Russian be able to hold on? Can he get the attack going? How will the Axis react? These are all fun questions which entice me to give CGII a try.

The CG is fragile.....but so what? It might also be great fun. It might be balanced over 50 games. But several of those games may be blow outs. Its all part of the fun. If Gary wants something PREDICTABLE then perhaps he should try a different CG!
Sorry for the time-warp post, but been busy with non-ASL and am now looking at actually getting to play FB.

I doubt Herr Mei is looking for "predictable ASL." What he does want to be able to predict is that when he invests his limited time into a CG its not wasted because of one wild DR. This is no different than avoiding a scenario because it all depends on one weapon. Don't take this the wrong way, but when you play with another human being a lot of effort is involved in coordination, etc. It can be a challenge just to get to the game table, and once accomplished who wants to have it spoiled by a boxcars? When you don't have an opponent its a lot easier to A) ignore the roll and keep playing, or B) just start over...

JT