Festung Budapest release

Ganjulama

Tuco B.P.J. Maria Ramirez
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Mine is 'packing' as of 06-Jan-2017. I wonder how long it takes between packing and shipping?

fzmann

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Mine is 'packing' as of 06-Jan-2017. I wonder how long it takes between packing and shipping?
In my case:
Jan 5 - order status updated to Processing
Jan 6 - order status updated to Packing
Jan 10 - order status updated to Shipped
As I'm on the west coast I would expect delivery some time next week

Ganjulama

Tuco B.P.J. Maria Ramirez
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
In my case:
Jan 5 - order status updated to Processing
Jan 6 - order status updated to Packing
Jan 10 - order status updated to Shipped
As I'm on the west coast I would expect delivery some time next week
Thanks fzman! I just got my status updated to Shipped today as well.

MikeO

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
To all at MMP -- thanks for offering this reprint. Just arrived today....it's expensive, sure, but I have always kicked myself for missing it. It is certainly a beautiful product.

Hexagoner

Reaction score
Just received, as well. Looks fantastic! Rule changes will require a few reads to get straight. I'm a bit curious on why so many countersheets needed to be created for this? I get the unique units, but the huge repeat of the Russian bread and butter counters?

OttoBomb

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Just received, as well. Looks fantastic! Rule changes will require a few reads to get straight. I'm a bit curious on why so many countersheets needed to be created for this? I get the unique units, but the huge repeat of the Russian bread and butter counters?
It's a campaign game, so it might take months to play and would tie up your set while in progress. Extra counters give you the option to play a quick scenario every now and then if the mood strikes you.

And who doesn't like more counters?

OttoBomb

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Speaking of counters, what counters did other get in their FB reprint?

I was expecting the same newer style as came with RS, HP, & Yanks II. Those have what I would call a thin white liner underneath the surface, and very nice looking in my opinion.

My copy of FB was not in this newest style, rather it was previous version without the white liner (original BV 3 style). What I got was very high quality to be sure, but I though the move to the new counter style would be carried through on all new products. I wonder if the same printer was used for this counter run as with the RS, HP, and Yanks II?

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
You probably need those Russians if you play the larger Campaign Games. IIRC, the idea is that only one copy of Beyond Valor should be necessary.

william.stoppel

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I believe these copies used remnants of the original run with new sheets used to flesh out the copies. Kudos to MMP for getting this amazing (and my favorite HASL back in print! Now we wait for Bill Cirillo to finish the second volume of this battle.

Srynerson

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I believe these copies used remnants of the original run with new sheets used to flesh out the copies. Kudos to MMP for getting this amazing (and my favorite HASL back in print! Now we wait for Bill Cirillo to finish the second volume of this battle.
Second volume? Are you referring to CGIV?

BTW, not addressed to William, but just being mentioned here because I don't feel like it merits a separate post, what the hell is up with the pissy reviews of FB on MMP's website? (See bottom of page here: http://www.multimanpublishing.com/tabid/58/CategoryID/4/ProductID/221/PageIndex/2/Default.aspx ) Are these people completely oblivious about the tactical nature of ASL?

Will Fleming

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Thanks MMP! You got this to us in SG just before our game of FB14 was set to start. (saved me from lugging counters/map/etc to a friend's house)

Honvik

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Looks like retailers are getting it now too. Our stock arrives next week for second chance games in the UK :)

FDBarbarian

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Just a quick question I know I seen my answer somewhere awhile back but can't find it now. But is there any reason for me to open up the new FB if I already opened up the old one? I know the counters are better but other than that . . .

Philippe D.

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
My understanding is that only the counters are new, all the rest is exactly the same version as was originally in the first release?