Fellow ASL'r Needs Your Prayers

lluis61

Reaction score
First name
Luis
Country
llSpain
Best wishes, and get well, Chris. You are in our thoughts.

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Gents - RE: our project to assemble a medley of audio well-wishes for Chris Trout (http://www.gamesquad.com/forums/index.php?threads/lets-do-something-cool-for-chris-trout.181309/), I plan to close it down this coming Thursday (2 Mar), gather up all the recordings and assemble the aggregate file so Andy Hershey can play it for Trout and his wife on Sunday.

The Trouts will of course have a copy to keep.

So please, if you intend to have your voice included in the aggregated audio well wishes file, please do so before the end of Thursday. It will mean SO much to him.

PS Andy also left an update from the Sunday past on that other thread.

Last edited:

Zakopious

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I had Guillan-Barrie Syndrome in 2011.
It started in March.
In April I was in a wheelchair in a nursing home unable to walk or use my hands.
In June, physical therapy allowed me to recover to the point that I could walk with a walker and go home.
By slowly walking farther and farther with the walker and then a cane my walking slowly improved.
By January of 2012, I was strong enough to walk our Rottweiler again.
However, my hands and feet continued to feel numb, and I was easily fatigued.
Recovery was never 100%.
Chris should have a reasonable recovery, but it will not be quick and easy.
There is a Facebook Guillan-Barrie Syndrome group where he can read about the various experiences of GBS victims.

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
From Andy ::
For all who recorded your message for Chris I would like to thank each of you for taking the time to do so. Delivery should be on Sunday and I will report back thereafter.

From Yours Truly ::
I got all that assembled and ready for Chris last night. Thanks ever so much for all your kindness. You SHINE. YOU ARE THE BEST PART ABOUT ASL.

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
From Andy Hershey

All. There was a glitch with the audio, in that Chris' wife's phone could not play it as her security measures would not allow entry. So I will bring my laptop along next time and play it for them there and then, come this weekend would be the plan. As to news on Chris, he is almost off the respirator, meaning his diaphram is not gettng stronger and he is breathing more on his own. He can wiggle both feet a little.

Manilianus

His Royal Fubar
Reaction score
First name
Michał
Country
llPoland
From Andy Hershey

All. There was a glitch with the audio, in that Chris' wife's phone could not play it as her security measures would not allow entry. So I will bring my laptop along next time and play it for them there and then, come this weekend would be the plan. As to news on Chris, he is almost off the respirator, meaning his diaphram is not gettng stronger and he is breathing more on his own. He can wiggle both feet a little.
Our contribution is a small thing compared to the great news that he's going - slowly, but surely - to get well.

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Latest update from Hershey

I visited with Chris and his wife Kim today. They both really apprecaited the messages those of you recorded with HKWGR's help. So well done you guys. Chris is now in a special rehab hospital to help ween him fully of the ventilator. He is using his own power so to speak at approx. 85% and the machine does the other %. On average this weening takes 30-35 days. He has 7 days chocked up so far on that score. He still cannot move his legs/arms/fingers. Once off the ventilator he will be moved again to a special PT facility to help with the next stage. That is all I have to report at this time.

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I left a voicemail with The2HalfSquads and read all you voicemail contributor’s names out aloud.

We are EXTREMELY grateful for your kindness.

Hopefully Chris will do this himself soon

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Latest from Hershey :

Because of family emergency under my own roof, I have not been able to report much about Chris. But I am now caught up enough I can. He is as his wife puts it "very, very, very slowly getting better." His ventilator assist level is down to 8...with 100 being the full support level. So he is almost weened off the machine. Next step will be PT (at a different medical facility). I hope to visit him on Sunday if I can.

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Latest from Hershey:

"All Chris was moved to the next rehab place. (He got off the ventilator which was the "job" of the former place) he is now in Alexandria VA. Out of easy visiting distance for me, as this is now 1.75-2 hours from me (sans any major traffic). I had an update via his wife that Chris is making slow progress ( he is at the 3 months point). I will update when I can. Keep him in your thoughts and prayers and rooting for him."

Vic Provost

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Vic
Country
llUnited States
Latest from Hershey:

"All Chris was moved to the next rehab place. (He got off the ventilator which was the "job" of the former place) he is now in Alexandria VA. Out of easy visiting distance for me, as this is now 1.75-2 hours from me (sans any major traffic). I had an update via his wife that Chris is making slow progress ( he is at the 3 months point). I will update when I can. Keep him in your thoughts and prayers and rooting for him."
Continued best wishes on his recovery...