Fellow ASL'r Needs Your Prayers

Tuomo

Keeper of the Funk
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Gents, Hershey look to gather all your kind comments and read them to Chris on his next visit.
Chris - this bunch of ill-behaved grognards can't agree on the IFT/IIFT, the realism behind skulking and VBM Freeze, or what the best counter storage method is.

But they ALL agree about YOU, and are in your corner. Hang in there, brother.

Old Noob

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Never met the gentleman, but will ask for his cure in prayer.

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
"I visited Chris Trout this morning to read off your well wishes and those forwarded to me from GS members too. His wife was very** appreciative of all your words and prayers. So you all have had an impact with your words. Turst me. I have some good news to report, he can move his right leg a little now. This is the first sign of any measure that perhaps the disease is abating. The DRs have him off some meds so he is more "awake" propt up in bed, but he is still intubated for now. " --- Andy Hershey

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Latest update from Andy Hershey:
Brief update on Chris. He will have a tracheotomy today, as intubation for prolonged period leads to complications (he has been close to 2 weeks now). I read off your well wishes and left print out of them to go with the first set of same. That is all the news. Hope to visit later this week.

Houlie

CEO of HoulieDice (TM)
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Latest update from Andy Hershey:
Brief update on Chris. He will have a tracheotomy today, as intubation for prolonged period leads to complications (he has been close to 2 weeks now). I read off your well wishes and left print out of them to go with the first set of same. That is all the news. Hope to visit later this week.
Thanks for the update, Jackson. Very appreciated.

Mike205

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Sending thoughts and good energy his way- I hope things improve quickly!!!

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Andrew Hershey::
Small update on Chris. I got an email from his wife. His trake operation went ok. He is recovering from that. He was off ventilator for a couple of hours (good for working diaphram, which he cannot control like normal), but back on now (off and on a little each day). He can now communicate far better (though not normally) whereas before with intubation he could not speak at all. However, no meaningful movement in legs/arms etc. So long way to go yet.

pwashington

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Always tough to see posts like this. Don't think I've ever met Chris, but as a fellow ASLer I feel like he's a "brother in arms". Hoping for a positive outcome, prayers for him and his family.

Last edited: