FCW - Rules!

Double Deuce

Forum Conscript
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The DRAFT Rules have been posted here: FCW RULES

This is intended to be the basis for any future campaigns. Supply, casualty replacement, amphibious operations, etc will be added on after we determine this base format will work. I want it to be as simple as possible with FUN being the primary objective. I plan to keep it as basic as possible so that everyone gets to play each round and it doesn't interfere with the Admin's RL. :smoke:

Last edited:

Double Deuce

Forum Conscript
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I have added some more information to the official Rules, just copying it here for quicker reference.

PURCHASING FORCES

Whenever a player is involved in a Pbem they will be required to post their force purchases in the designated AAR thread (that I will create) in each team's Secure Forums. This is for verification of the purchase as well as letting the other team members know what your force selection is. You will also use it as the official AAR thread for your battle. This means when you buy your force for the Pbem you need to write it down so it can be posted.

Billybob2002

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Question:

How do the FNLA and UNITA forces factor in this fictional Civil War?

Last edited:

Double Deuce

Forum Conscript
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The following Rules have been added to the "Official Rules" over at the Combat Campaigns website;

“INITIATIVE HEX” SPECIAL RULES: These are the special circumstances surrounding battles involving Initiative Hexes. When attacking form an Initiative Hex the attacking side will receive the following bonuses:
To Be Determined ;)

IF the Attacker loses the battle he doesn't lose the hex, but it changes from Initiative to Normal hex. IF the Attacker gets a Decisive Loss in the battle, the hex immediately becomes a Defender "Initiative Hex" so that they can counterattack and gain the "Initiative Hex" attack bonus listed above!

Last edited:

Double Deuce

Forum Conscript
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The following rule change been added to the "Official Rules" over at the Combat Campaigns website;

NOTE: Only Attacks made from CLEAR, WOODS, HILL hexes will result in the attacker immediately losing their Hex if they "Lose" the battle. Attacks from other hexes DO NOT result in the hexes automatic loss but will result in the hex losing any "Initiative Hex" status.

Shan

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llAustria
DD,

in the rules thread I read the following about surrounded/ cut-off zones:

"If surrounded hexes have access to a coastline and there is access to a friendly “Supply Port” in that same sea area, then they are not automatically captured"

My question is: What and where (on our map) are 'supply ports' and is there any coastline? (such as on the western/eastern edge of the map maybe? That would make sense).

Thanks for clarifying this in advance - this will be important after 1-2 battles I guess.

Double Deuce

Forum Conscript
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Shan,

For this campaign they are not an issue as there are no coastlines. I just added that for future campaign possibilities.

Shan

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llAustria
ok clear - so this is the first time you're using the new hex system? I believe it's a very good idea and will work well - we'll see soon!