FCW Campaign Map

Double Deuce

Forum Conscript
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
OK, here is the "DRAFT" Operational Map. There is 1 Capital, 2 Provincial Capitals, 18 Towns and 5 Villages.

Just an FYI. To find the Hex Location you need to read from left to right to the hex you are looking for, then go to the upper right to get the rest of the grid. For example If you go to E04 you will see the Provincial Capital, Carbina. The 1st hex in Row B would be B01 and is the woods hex.

You can download a FULL size map by clicking on the image above. It's about 250KB zipped.

Last edited:

Double Deuce

Forum Conscript
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'm currently building the icons that will be used to ID hex ownership, show attack directions and some other things. Once these are competed I can assemble to full package and get a full size, clear map image with the initial start locations. I am also working on organizing the full rules for review. Final Victory Conditions will set and announced at that time as well.

Double Deuce

Forum Conscript
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Looks good,what are the plain white hexes?
They are basically "Open" terrain hexes. The solid light green are hilly and the darker green is heavily wooded. This will be the predominant terrain type in the battle map.

Last edited:

Double Deuce

Forum Conscript
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I have added a full size map for download (accessible via link) in the image of the 1st post in this thread.

Double Deuce

Forum Conscript
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The base starting map thumbnail image has been updated in the 1st post of this thread.

I have only added the front line border hex markers for each side so everyone can kinda see who is starting where. You will see that the 4 hexes around the capital, LUANDA are open. These were UN controlled hexes that are now considered "fair game", open for attack as any other border hex BUT they are not initially occupied by either team.

Double Deuce

Forum Conscript
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Epoletov [SPR].;935770 said:
It is difficult to read through names of villages, etc.
Please give better map.
The size picture (MB) has no value.
If you click on the image in the 1st post you can download the full size map in a .zip file.

Double Deuce

Forum Conscript
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The link to the map in the 1st post now contains an updated image that includes ALL start hexes controlled by each team!

RED = Pro-Government Forces.
BLACK = Rebel Forces.

Double Deuce

Forum Conscript
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
UN Forces have completely left the country and fighting is now underway all along the front line, mostly centering around the capital at Luanda. Pro-Government commanders are predicting a quick victory over the rebels as both sides are reporting that morale among their men is very high. :smoke:

Red represents Pro-Government forces, Black represents Rebel forces.

Last edited: