Favorite summer olympic events?

Martin Mayers

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Gulagwanker
Country
llUkraine
Actually it was more of a compliment as it showed the competitiveness of the British pharma sector, one of the few to be able to withstand Brexit well.

For the rest, i am happy that you found solace in watching the games this summer.

A good way to save money for more difficult times ahead.

Now i would encourage to look at India, Israel or Ireland. They got only two medals and i don't think their respective people feel diminished whatsoever. Actually they probably don't care as they know it's only entertainment on steroids.
They should bring a 'French Pentathlon' in for the next Olympics. You'd be a shoe in.

Contested over five days it features:

Day one - Striking. Players will down tools in the most inconvenient manner and place and generally make life as hellish as they can for all the other competitors.

Day two - 'Arrogance'. A two discipline sport comprised of the 'gallic shrug' in the 'France is better than everywhere else' stance.

Day three - 'Vichying'. Anyone at the mid point of the French Pentathlon who isn't doing so well, can give up and form a completely different sport and assume everyone else will accept it. This will take place at the sailing centre.

Day four - 'Toadying up'. French pentathletes chase German pentathletes and try to be their best friends.

Day five - 'Retreating'. The most gruelling event of the Olympics. A 26 mile run, backwards.

Last edited: