Favorite SSR or the one you'd like to see:

Gamer72

Reaction score
First name
Ian
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Another one - mandatory repair attempts of malfunctioning weapons.

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
Russian AFV have inexperienced crews. If you want to emphasise German advantage in AFV combat.

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
SS never fail a morale check and always win in CC if you think they were supermen! :p

Gordon

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Did he ever have to drive lost at night with low battery phone and no way to charge it but your girlfriend keeps calling ‘cause she wants to argue ,no GPS, 2 dollars in your pocket and the muffler fell off the ‘hemi so you sound like the gods of thunder and you burnt your ear when you crawled under the truck to tear the muffler away in central New York State ?
Damn, what are the chances?!? That happened to me twice. ;)

bendizoid

Official ***** Dickweed
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Damn, what are the chances?!? That happened to me twice. ;)
Yeah, ain’t it a bitch. I had to use my head like a fulcrum to rip the dragging muffler off. That’s how my ear got burnt but I didn’t notice until later because I had super human strength, was running on pure adrenaline.

On topic, I would start by looking at Gor-Gor’s heretical SSRs, those are some of my favorites.

Last edited:

Gordon

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Yeah, ain’t it a bitch. I had to use my head like a fulcrum to rip the dragging muffler off. That’s how my ear got burnt but I didn’t notice until later because I had super human strength, was running on pure adrenaline.

daveramsey

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Dave
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I usually offer Pleva OBA draw pile rules for any given scenario.
If ever there were a third edition, surely this plus the "first chit drawn is black, remove one black chit from the draw pile" would be contenders for inclusion for an amendment? I don't see how any scenario can be balanced during playtesting both with and without OBA even landing once.

Tuomo

Keeper of the Funk
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I like SSRs that enforce some reality WRT tanks repairing malf'd MA, so that the crews would be trying to repair them instead of worrying about Recall. Would be nice, IMO, if the penalty for a Repair dr of 6 was just a TC, failure of which would be Recall.

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
I like SSRs that enforce some reality WRT tanks repairing malf'd MA, so that the crews would be trying to repair them instead of worrying about Recall. Would be nice, IMO, if the penalty for a Repair dr of 6 was just a TC, failure of which would be Recall.
A SSR could also be :
"A vehicle which MA is disabled is not Recalled. However, its owner may declare it as Recalled at the beginning of anyone of its MPh."

Ric of The LBC

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Not sure if this would qualify as a SSR.
Wasn't there a rule in SL that a tank in motion to keep moving even if killed? Band of Brothers scene when Bull almost gets run down by the burning Sherman.

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
Not sure if this would qualify as a SSR.
Wasn't there a rule in SL that a tank in motion to keep moving even if killed? Band of Brothers scene when Bull almost gets run down by the burning Sherman.
IIRC, when shocked, it still moved one hex, which could lead it to fall off a cliff or into a river, etc.
It is more a game mechanic than a SSR indeed - and quite a Hollywoodian feature.