Favorite SSR or the one you'd like to see:

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Not sure if this is the best area for this thread but it really doesn't fit easily into another.

My favorite SSR to see is by far the one that allows certain fortifications (e.g. trenches, A-T ditches) to "connect" to obstacle terrain in adjacent hexes. This certainly diminishes VBM possibilities and I believe more accurately represents actual tactical application.

Now the one SSR that I would like to see is affording a Hero a ROF of 1 that would be cumulative with any SW he possesses. I can see and think of many instances where this was actually possible or implemented in actual circumstances. By himself he could represent an exceptional BAR/auto weapon gunner or a highly motivated heavy weapons operator such as John Basilone, Victor Vlug, Steiner, etc.

Whats say, lets hear a few of your favorites or ideas for future SSRs.

Gamer72

Reaction score
First name
Ian
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Defending side sets up as though the attacking side is entering from offboard.

Boresighting N/A (saves me the trouble of remembering it).

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
In a CG the infantry RG get a hero per coy purchased.

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
WO13 All the Stops SSR 5 extremely simple "progressing FFE", where a Harassing Fire FFE moves three hexes in front of the Russians : no LOS, no Radio contact, no Battery access.
Very clean cut and efficient.

Last edited:

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
I'd like to see that one be an actual rule for the Partisans.

Seth
Footnote 33 of chapter A hints about that type of SSR:
On the other hand, they usually enjoyed the benefits of operating in familiar territory and with the element of surprise.

bendizoid

Official ***** Dickweed
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
"When you come to a fork in the road, take it." Lawrence Berra
Did he ever have to drive lost at night with low battery phone and no way to charge it but your girlfriend keeps calling ‘cause she wants to argue ,no GPS, 2 dollars in your pocket and the muffler fell off the ‘hemi so you sound like the gods of thunder and you burnt your ear when you crawled under the truck to tear the muffler away in central New York State ?

footsteps

Just visiting
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Did he ever have to drive lost at night with low battery phone and no way to charge it but your girlfriend keeps calling ‘cause she wants to argue ,no GPS, 2 dollars in your pocket and the muffler fell off the ‘hemi so you sound like the gods of thunder and you burnt your ear when you crawled under the truck to tear the muffler away in central New York State ?
Add a few chords to that tale, and you've got a solid gold country song.