Favorite SPWaW moments.

Headshot

Reaction score
There have been some great times. And some horrrendously shizzled ones. But keeping our eyes on the fuzzzy, happy, yippee yeah moments, which are your favorites. Mines got to be holding off my friends Nazi naval invasion with 900 points worth of British field guns.

Alvis_Striker

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
ll
Thin grey line holds!

Played a game recently as a West German commander, I placed a thin screen of a company of Pattons in front of my main force, just to try and break up his assault, my adversary had nearly a division of T-72M's and T-80's and most of that was blasted by my shoddy tanks, needless to say he fell apart when my Leopards got their groove on!

Warhorse

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
My last campaign battle I just finished..bought the Russians twice the amount of points I had, mostly in armor in a meeting engagement, just to see if my Panzer Battalion could hold them off!!! It was a furious, and probably the most fun battle I ever had, played on a 100x240 hex map, it was constant see-sawing VH take and give, the AI even managed a pretty well executed flanking movement, which I just stopped at games end!! I blasted 167 enemy T-34, T-26, and KV series to a loss of 67, but what a blast!!!

Warhorse

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
My force is primarily Pz IVF2's at the moment, with the light platoon of each company consisting of Pz IIF's, although I DO have a platoon of 4 Tigers, they saw only limited action in the center front , they were bolstering the Battalion Engineer platoon!!

Warhorse

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I did have a battery of 15cm arty, but those are only ever used on concentrated infantry formations, tanks are handled by tanks, I never had much luck with arty doing a whole lot to armor!!:) I had a fellow deploy my opposition this battle, they are really hurting me!

Polka Sheep

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
All artillery in all the SP Games seem to be inaccurate and useless to me...I never seem to use them right, except at the beginning of an assault.
My best moment would have to be a 12-turn battle between four KV-85s and and three Tiger IE (early)s, at first the three Tigers crested a hill across from the hill my KV-85s were holding, and somehow managed to take out two, and then fire was exchanged between the two stationary squads for three turns, before I scored a hit on the side of one, and destroyed it. I immobilized the other two after several shots over many turns. After the 14th(ish) turn, i managed to move enough infantry in to destroy the Tigers. Might not seem that exciting, but it was funny.

Warhorse

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Speaking of Kitty-Killing, in a PBEM right now, my Bulgarians vs Germans, I have to give a medal to a Sapper squad for assaulting a Tiger 3 Times in a row, and destroying it ultimately!!!

Kaz

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
One of my favourite moments was when I was playing the Canadians defending against an assault by the Germans in a town in France.

My Commandos had just arrived on a bridge that the Germans were using to reinforce their troops and move their ammo trucks and SP Arty about. Great fortune shone down on us from above. They were in the same hex as a GE Hummel. My Commandos assaulted the Hummel, but sadly failed. The Hummel in all its wisdom fired back. The resulting explosion from the mighty 150mm gun destroyed the bridge in that hex, killing all those commandos and the Hummel itself. I really couldn't have hoped for more.

It seems that the unlikely events that sometimes happen during a battle are the ones I find most fun. (Other than giving a more experienced player or overwheliming force a good pounding).

Kaz