Favorite SASL Campaigns?

DQuin

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'm finishing up Hans Mielant's Band of Brothers SASL campaign and had an absolute blast (no pun intended). A great variety of missions with special rules that really gave the feeling of playing as the 101st Airborne.

As SASL campaigns are quite a time investment, before I decide on what to commit to next, I'd like to know what your favorite SASL experiences have been, either historical campaigns you've played, or some of the HASL SASL conversions that are available.

Thanks!

Ahriman667

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
There is the Barbarossa SS Wiking company SASLHC from July - Dec 41 in 25 weekly missions, written by Hans Mielants. Should be available here.

To be self-serving, there are the two campaigns I wrote, one that covers the 194th IR from 1940 leading into Stalingrad, and the RCR campaign (Canadian rifle coy) in Italy 43-44. You can find them here in this sub-forum.

DQuin

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
There is the Barbarossa SS Wiking company SASLHC from July - Dec 41 in 25 weekly missions, written by Hans Mielants. Should be available here.

To be self-serving, there are the two campaigns I wrote, one that covers the 194th IR from 1940 leading into Stalingrad, and the RCR campaign (Canadian rifle coy) in Italy 43-44. You can find them here in this sub-forum.
I've been eyeing your 194th IR campaign for quite some time now and that may be next on my list, along with Hans Mielant's Jumping Cats PTO campaign. I'll probably jump back and forth between the two for some variety. Also thinking about the BRT SASL campaign, but Im not sure I'm ready to commit the table space for that long of a time period LOL.

thedrake

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
BoB CG is my fave as well, played it 3 times.
Another is the Moskva CG from Hans Mielants,as it is short, about 5 Missions IIRC.
I did one of my own using most of the Standard Missions,played in order from summer 44 to spring 45 with a Russian rifle company,called Bagration to Berlin.

vetsurg

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Has anyone taken any Campaign HASL packs, such as Lone Canuck's or Bounding Fire's campaign HASL's or even an MMP HASL, and used the map and prescribed nationalities for a campaign or single mission? This seems like a fun way to use these. I suppose it would be best to limit the portion of the map to a certain area and open up more ground on the map as a map would otherwise be added. I was thinking of trying this with Corregidor the Rock or Purple Heart Draw, etc.

DQuin

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I’ve been wondering the same thing. Would love to know how it goes for anyone who tries it.

Barking Monkey

Reaction score
First name
John
Country
llUnited States
Vetsurg - I experimented a while ago linking several playings of "Block Party" on the Festung Budapest map (North Half) into a sort of mini campaign. It worked moderately well, as I recall. Since then I've gotten my hands on published HASL/SASL stuff (like the Red Barricades missions in Journal 1) and I've been playing that instead when the HASL urge hits. I've been meaning to try and adapt the published SASL related HASL stuff from Journal 1, Tom Morin's VotG SASL material and what's in Onslaught to Orsha 2 to other HASL's I have but haven't had the time or motivation yet.

Honestly the thing that this post initially made me wonder about was the feasibility of taking one of the linked-scenario campaigns that have been published for ASL and using them as an inspiration for a SASL mini-campaign by modding the scenarios to SASL.

Last edited:

Jim Bennett

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I'm finishing up Hans Mielant's Band of Brothers SASL campaign and had an absolute blast (no pun intended). A great variety of missions with special rules that really gave the feeling of playing as the 101st Airborne.

As SASL campaigns are quite a time investment, before I decide on what to commit to next, I'd like to know what your favorite SASL experiences have been, either historical campaigns you've played, or some of the HASL SASL conversions that are available.

Thanks!
Do you have a working link to the Band of Brothers scenarios per chance... I can NOT make http://www.mielants.com/Simulation/ASL.html work for some reason...Please respond to jim.bennett@shaw.ca .... thanks