Favorite Quote from Movie

SGT Long

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Can you imagine all the jokes he must hear to this day?

"All right gentlemen,Lets try for our first heart attack,shall we?"
(Wild Geese, Why the &^%$$ havent they released it on DVD??)

Janos

Reaction score
Combat Military Training Center, Hohenfels, Bavari
Country
llUnited States
Originally posted by SGT Long
Can you imagine all the jokes he must hear to this day?

"All right gentlemen,Lets try for our first heart attack,shall we?"
(Wild Geese, Why the &^%$$ havent they released it on DVD??)
Imagine introducing him...
"This is my friend Ned Beatty...you may have seen being buggered in Deliverance by a toothless hillbilly...."
- or -
Being ridiculed by the other boys in acting school, "This is little piggy went wee wee wee all the way home!"

JS

BarcelonaBlom

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Apocalypse Now

"Who's your commanding officer?"

"Ain't you?"

I think the bridge scene is the funniest with those two black guys tryin to get that one VC and they gotta wake up their friend/squad leader or something to kill him...

Reaction score
Originally posted by BarcelonaBlom
I watched that movie last night... [shiver]
Have you ever been in a rural setting (ie, West Virginia...though I mean no disrepect to all West Virginians ......this means YOU lastcav) when you meet someone that seems to come from a limited gene pool (ie, you notice six fingers on a hand) and all of the sudden you start to hear that banjo music in your head.......

Well I've had that happen to me.......when it did I returned to my vehicle and got the HELL out as soon as possible.

Thank you Ned Beatty! I'm not squealing for nobody.

Janos

Reaction score
Combat Military Training Center, Hohenfels, Bavari
Country
llUnited States
Originally posted by Lance Williams
Have you ever been in a rural setting (ie, West Virginia...though I mean no disrepect to all West Virginians ......this means YOU lastcav) when you meet someone that seems to come from a limited gene pool (ie, you notice six fingers on a hand) and all of the sudden you start to hear that banjo music in your head.......

Well I've had that happen to me.......when it did I returned to my vehicle and got the HELL out as soon as possible.

Thank you Ned Beatty! I'm not squealing for nobody.
If you accept that not all of those people are from West VA, I grew up with those people -- of course, that was before Deliverance, Ned Beatty, and squealing pigs.

I have experienced it several times since then as well. You're right.

JS

Reaction score
Originally posted by Janos
If you accept that not all of those people are from West VA, I grew up with those people -- of course, that was before Deliverance, Ned Beatty, and squealing pigs.

I have experienced it several times since then as well. You're right.

JS
I was merely using WVA as the nearest locale I've had this sensation in, nor did I mean to imply this is for the entire state (thank GOD!). I've also had it in the western part of Virginia, Kentucky, Tennessee, North Carolina, Georgia, Alabama. I don't mean to pick on the south (I DO have relatives there), but it definately comes in areas of isolation (and inbreeding).

I keep telling myself those six fingers make for great banjo pickers.......

Now drop them panties.......:laugh:

DingBat

Reaction score
Major "King" Kong:

"Survival kit contents check. In them you'll find: one forty-five caliber automatic; two boxes of ammunition; four days' concentrated emergency rations; one drug issue containing antibiotics, morphine, vitamin pills, pep pills, sleeping pills, tranquilizer pills; one miniature combination Russian phrase book and Bible; one hundred dollars in rubles; one hundred dollars in gold; nine packs of chewing gum; one issue of prophylactics; three lipsticks; three pair of nylon stockings. Shoot, a fella' could have a pretty good weekend in Vegas with all that stuff. "

Gen "Buck" Turgidson:

"Mr. President, I'm not saying we wouldn't get our hair mussed. But I do say no more than ten to twenty million killed, tops. Uh, depending on the breaks."

The President:

"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room."

Patrocles

Reaction score
what's the eastwood film where he is repeatedly turning in the "ugly" guy from the good, the bad and the ugly for reward money then rescueing said guy to start all over again...

anyway...badly paraphrased!

'ugly' character at the gallows about to be hanged
<excecutioner> ...has been found guilty of selling his wife and children, armed robbery, murder, and using marked cards in a card game! Therefore, we sentence the accused here before us, juan pacifico rodriguez rameriz,...
<Eastwood's character>
...known as the rat...
<excecutioner>
...to hang by the neck until dead. Choke you sucker!

Storm

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
"I came here to chew bubblegum and kick some a$$. And I am all out of bubblegum!"
He ad libbed that one; right after he spit out his gum.

"Although high spirits are just no substitute for 800 rounds a minute."

"If we do happen to make contact, I expect nothing less than gratuitous violence from the lot of ya. Because we're firing blanks doesn't mean we have to be thinking nice thoughts. So you remember, you keep the fire down, right, you get stuck in and you kick their f*****g teeth out, or I guarantee you, Joe, they will be eating your bollocks for breakfast, sunshine!"
Great movie. They were going to do 2 sequels, not werewolves though.

BarcelonaBlom

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
"You gonna draw them pistols? or are you gonna whistle Dixie?
BAM BAM BAM [slump] [slump] [slump]"

-The Outlaw Josey Wales, The Outlaw Josey Wales.

"Yeah they said 5 Mexican Pistoleros got him at the border."

"I tell you what, no Pistoleros killed Josey Wales.

-Ibid.

"This heres a Mexican Standoff, 'cept we ain't got any Mexicans."

-Gene Hackman in Unforgiven

Overseer

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Originally posted by Storm
He ad libbed that one; right after he spit out his gum.

Great movie. They were going to do 2 sequels, not werewolves though.
Actually, the next movie is going to be werewolves.

They're picking up the story immediately after the first one ended. The special forces team that they were supposed to go up against in the training exercise turns out to be an American team, who pick Cooper up, and at some point run afowl of more werewolves.

He had toyed with the idea of making the next movie with vampires, and then another with zombies, but apparently has decided to stick with werewolves for at least the next movie.

At least that's the report I heard about a month ago.