Favorite Quote from Movie

Reaction score
From "Quigley Down Under" (1990)

After shooting Marston and his two henchmen....in reference to his preference of a Sharps rifle over a pistol

Quigley (Tom Selleck).... "I said I never had much use for them, I NEVER said I didn't know how to use one."

Sun Tzu

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Again verifying that my college experience of drinking way too much and watching bad "B" movies wasn't wasted.

Ash, from The Army of Darkness

"Good ... Bad ... I'm the guy with the gun."

GeorgiaDixie

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Remembered from another old John Wayne movie:

"Don't apoligize. Its a sign of weakness." Duke as Captain Nathan Brittles, She Wore a Yellow Ribbon.

There's a few others, but I can't remember the exact quotes right now.

jguritza

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
One of my favorites is from "They Live" with WWF superstar Roddy-Roddy Piper...

"I came here to chew bubblegum and kick some a$$. And I am all out of bubblegum!"

Tiger1

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
From Shakespeares Julius Ceasar, Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war. This was also quoted in the movie Galaxy Quest by the Alien commander.

chrisvalla

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
... and ST6 where Shakespear originals in Klingon are apparently popular as well.

I'll have to narrow down my favs... otherwise I'd just be copying and pasting half the script to Aliens, Top Gun, Army of Darkness, and a handful of Bond movies...

Overseer

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hmm, yeah I love most of the dialogue in Aliens, Army of Darkness (Shop Smart, Shop S-Mart), and a billion other movies probably. So here's someone's I bet no one knows:

"Although high spirits are just no substitute for 800 rounds a minute."

"If we do happen to make contact, I expect nothing less than gratuitous violence from the lot of ya. Because we're firing blanks doesn't mean we have to be thinking nice thoughts. So you remember, you keep the fire down, right, you get stuck in and you kick their f*****g teeth out, or I guarantee you, Joe, they will be eating your bollocks for breakfast, sunshine!"

Both from Dog Soldiers Which maybe some of our British friends might know, but even that is probably doubtful. Awesome movie though (even if you're not big into horror, it has a very Aliens feel to it).

Do I have to censor out bollocks? :p :p

Scout Out

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
free time = a bunch...

Most are protaganist quotes.
If ya don't know the movie quoted, ask. :toast: ,
someone should know.
The web saved me a lot of typing. :drool:

Darth Vader: I find your lack of faith disturbing.

Darth Vader: He will join us or die, my master.

Darth Vader: No. *I* am your father.

Jabba the Hutt: This bounty hunter is my kind of scum: fearless and inventive.

Khan: "From hell's heart, I stab at thee. For hate's sake, I spit my last breath at thee."

Gen. Chang: Cry havoc, and let slip the dogs of war!

Vizzini: You only think I guessed wrong - that's what's so funny! I switched glasses when your back was turned! Ha-ha, you fool! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders, the most famous of which is "Never get involved in a land war in Asia", but only slightly less famous is this: "Never go in against a Sicilian, when *death* is on the line!". Hahahahahah!

Mickey: The media is like the weather, only it's man-made weather.

Knight 1: We are now no longer the Knights who say Ni.
Knight 2: NI!
Other Knights: Shh...
Knight 1: We are now the Knights who say... "Ekki-Ekki-Ekki-Ekki-PTANG! Zoom-Boing! Z'nourrwringmm!"

French Knight: You don't frighten us, English pig dogs! Go and boil your bottoms, you sons of a silly person! I blow my nose at you, so-called "Arthur King," you and all your silly
English K-nig-hts.

President: I want the people to know that they still have 2 out of 3 branches of the government working for them, and that ain't bad.

Gen. Decker: Liberals! Intellectuals! Peacemongers! IDIOTS!

Dr. Zachary Smith: I'm a doctor, not a space explorer.

Lestat: "Evil is a point of view. God kills indiscriminately and so shall we. For no creatures under God are as we are, none so like him as ourselves."

Armand: "The world changes, we do not, there lies the irony that finaly kills us."

Count de Monet: It is said that the people are revolting.
King Louis XVI: You said it! They stink on ice!

Bill The Butcher: On the seventh day the Lord rested, but before that he did, he squatted over the side of England and what came out of him.... was Ireland. No offence son.

Bill The Butcher: I'm forty-seven. Forty-seven years old. You know how I stayed alive this long? Fear. Fearsome acts. A man steals from me, I cut off his hand. If he lies to me, I cut out his tongue. If he stands up against me, I cut off his head, stick it on a pike and lift it up for all to see. A spectacle of fearsome acts. That's what maintains the order of things. Fear.

Bill The Butcher: You see this knife? I'm gonna teach you to speak English with this f^@%ing knife!

Don Vito Corleone: "I spent my whole life trying not to be careless. Women and children can be careless. But not men."

Michael Corleone: "It's not personal, Sonny. It's strictly business."

Col. Nathan Jessup: "I run my unit how I run my unit. You want to investigate me, roll the dice and take your chances. I eat breakfast 300 yard from 4000 Cubans who are trained to kill me, so don't think for one second that you can come down here, flash a badge, and make me nervous."

Col. Nathan R. Jessup: "You want answers?"
Daniel Kaffee: "I think I'm entitled."
Col. Nathan R. Jessup: "You want answers?"
Daniel Kaffee: "I want the truth!"
Col. Nathan R. Jessup: "You can't handle the truth!"

Longshanks: Whom do I send? Not my gentle son. The mere sight of him would only encourage an enemy to take over the whole country.

General O'Hara: My Lord, if we re-form and wheel right, we may be able to turn their flank.
Lord General Cornwallis: You dream, General.

Dr. Evil: Why must I be surrounded by frickin' idiots?

Dr. Evil: When I get angry, Mr. Bigglesworth gets upset. And when Mr. Bigglesworth gets upset... people die!

Dr. Evil: You're not quite evil enough. You're semi-evil. You're quasi-evil. You're the margarine of evil. You're the Diet Coke of evil, just one calorie, not evil enough.

Captain Louis Renault: Major Strasser has been shot. Round up the usual suspects.

:horse:

chrisvalla

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
"Gentlemen! You can't fight in here, this is the war room!"and "You're gonna have to answer to the Coca-Cola company"

Then there's
"Game over man, game over", "They can bill me", "Have you ever been mistake for a man?... no, have you?", "Somebody wake up Hicks", "They come out at night, mostly", and "I say we nuke the site from orbit, it's the only way to be sure".

and
"...at what range?... about 2 meters...It was actually about a one and half I think, I've got a great Polaroid of it...what were you doing there...communicating, keeping up with foreign relations... you know, giving him the bird", "The Department of Defense regrets to inform you your sons are dead because they were stu-pid", "She's lost that loving feeling... no, no she hasn't...oh yes she has...I hate when she does that", "Good morning gentlemen, the temperature is 110 degrees...Holy s*** it's Viper...Viper's up here, great...great, he's probably saying holy s*** it's Maverick and Goose...yeah I'm sure he's saying that" and my fav (from that movie, "You're gonna do WHAT?!".

RichardS

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Watching my copy of the [nb]Battleground[/b] dvd lastnight brough up another favorite quote of mine.

The 3 men at the checkpoint had just a very tense check of a jeep with an officer and driver and aid. After they were all satisified; the Major asked the check point leader (Van Johnson) a question but used the rank Sgt.

"I'm P.F.C. Sir. That's Praying For Civilian."

And sprinkled throughout the movie.

"I found a home in the Army."

Great movie; a must have to any DVD collection.

Cheers!
:toast:

:horse:

trauth116

Webmaster: hist-sdc.com
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
I am not sure if it counts as a quote -but it is background dialogue from Slapshot...

The main characters (a hockey team) are at a bar - with some townies...

in the background is a TV playing a soap opera... goes like this

Hospitalized guy (Incredulous) -- YOU, traded my 280zx?! ... but *that was* my car!

Woman best described as a female dog Oh. but Alex... don't you remember??? You gave me power of attorney when you had the amnseia?

Hospitalized guy (In resignation) - "I'd forgotten.."

-----------------------------

The other one:

Telly Savalas in Kelly's Heroes - talking about Clint Eastwood:

"That Nut's gotta be nuts."

BarcelonaBlom

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
From my Spycraft Manuals:

"A duel betweeen titans... my golden gun against your Walther PPK!"

"One bullet against my six"

"I only need one Mr. Bond."
-Francisco Scaramanga and James Bond

"Do not confuse luck with skill."
-Terence Wei The Replacement Killers

"Hey, I thought I said no shivs."

"You mean this? This is just a personal grooming appliance."
-Johns and Riddick, Pitch Black

"What I mean, sir, is if you was to put me with this here sniper rifle anywhere up to and including one mile from Adolf Hitler... with a clean line of sight... well, pack your bags boys. Wars over."
-Private Daniel Jackson
Saving Private Ryan

BarcelonaBlom

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
" I love the smell of napalm in the morning."
-Guess....

"Bullet resistant? Whatever happened to bullet proof?"
-Leney Nero, Strange Days

hogdriver

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Some favorites:

Well fellas, here it is, new-clee-ar combat toe-to-toe with the Rooskies.
Major Kong, Dr Strangelove

What is your major malfunction, numb nuts? DI (R Lee Ermey) in Full Metal Jacket (sorry, I've gone blank on his name.):(

BarcelonaBlom

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
From Donovan's Reef (Saw it this morning):
Around the great big fight between Aussie Sailors and everyone else:

Austrailian Sailor #1:"What 'e say?"
Austrailian Sailor #2:"Limey's I distinctly 'eard 'im say Limeys."