Favorite Quote from Movie

Ned Kelly

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
John Rambo when he got past a grunt and blurted out..

"I want what they want. What every guy, came over here, spilt his guts and gave everything they had wants! For our country to love us as much as we love it. That's what I want."

Well it was pretty eloquent for old Sly, even if it still doesn't make total sense to me. Well I did think it was funny at the time, just that I never thought he could say so many words all together in one go.

Gotta love that A&E Hornblower series of films.. *highly* recommended definately.

(oh yeah.. "you talkin t' me" )

Last edited:

Temujin

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
The Doctor said:
I love this bit from Kelly's Heroes:

[the lone obstacle to the sought-after gold is a solitary tank guarding the bank]
Crapgame (Don Rickles): Try making a DEAL!
Big Joe (Telly Savalas): What kind of DEAL?
Crapgame (Don Rickles): A DEAL, deal! Maybe he's a Republican. You know, "Business is business."
Or anything by 'oddball', or the stupid look on his face, especially face to turret with a Tiger.

madDdog67

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
"Use more honey...find out what she knows!"

"They are only monkey-boys... we can still crush them here on Earth, Lord Whorfin!"

and a host of others from that one.

and one of my all time favorites,

"Any men don't wanna get killed, better clear on out the back", delivered as only Clint can.

from another classic:

"Give me some sugar, baby."

Good, bad...I'm the one with the gun".

Yo, she-bitch...let's go.."

and from yet another classic:

"Help! Help! I'm being repressed! Come see the violence inherent in the system!"

" Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!"

WAY too many to list in that one.

and yet another cult classic:

"You know, you Irish cops are perking up. That's two sound theories in one day, neither of which deal with abnormally sized men. Kind of makes me feel like Riverdancing."

"There are many forms of evil. We urge you lesser forms of filth not to push the boundaries into true corruption, into our domain."

The Priest: Would they ever harm an innocent person for any reason?
[of Rocco who's holding him gun point]
Paul Smecker: No, they would never do that.
[beat]
Paul Smecker: Well, the Two Irish guys wouldn't, the Italian guy, he might but he's kind of an idiot."

can't wait for the sequel to that one lol.

I could make this post 10 pages long, but I'm too lazy...so I'll just enjoy some of yours lol.

Last edited:

madDdog67

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
jguritza said:
One of my favorites is from "They Live" with WWF superstar Roddy-Roddy Piper...

"I came here to chew bubblegum and kick some a$$. And I am all out of bubblegum!"
hey now...it's ROWDY RODDY Piper...give the man his due!!

Brevet

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
JFK - "The top line, roughly translated, reads, 'Pharaoh gobbles donkey goobers.' and the next line reads, 'Cleopatra does the nasty.'"

Delivered by the late Ossie Davis in Bubba Ho-tep. :TRUCE:

Overseer

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Brevet said:
JFK - "The top line, roughly translated, reads, 'Pharaoh gobbles donkey goobers.' and the next line reads, 'Cleopatra does the nasty.'"

Delivered by the late Ossie Davis in Bubba Ho-tep. :TRUCE:
Eh, I was disappointed overall by that movie.

Thomas McPeek

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
" Harry Callahan: I know what you're thinking. "Did he fire six shots or only five?" Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kind of lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself a question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya punk? Dirty Harry
One German foot soldier: Where is our artillery?
Another German foot soldier: You're the artillery!
Staingrad

Boonierat

Biệt Ðộng Quân
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
From the movie Clerks:

Randal Graves: Which did you like better? "Jedi" or "The Empire Strikes Back"?
Dante Hicks: "Empire".
Randal Graves: Blasphemy!
Dante Hicks: "Empire" had the better ending. I mean, Luke gets his hand cut off, finds out Vader's his father, Han gets frozen and taken away by Boba Fett. It ends on such a down note. I mean, that's what life is, a series of down endings. All "Jedi" had was a bunch of Muppets.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Iron Mike USMC said:
...Douglas MacArthur. I believe it was his farewell address, at West Point, after being sacked by Truman.
It was his speech to congress

"The world has turned over many times since I took the oath on the plain at West Point, and the hopes and dreams have long since vanished, but I still remember the refrain of one of the most popular barracks ballads of that day which proclaimed most proudly that old soldiers never die; they just fade away.

And like the old soldier of that ballad, I now close my military career and just fade away, an old soldier who tried to do his duty as God gave him the light to see that duty. Good-bye.

dgfred

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
'Dying ain't no way to make a living...boy!' The Outlaw Josie
Wales :cool: :devil:

The Doctor

Junk Science Debunker
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The Outlaw Josey Wales...almost as great as Tombstone as a quote source!

Ten Bears: These things you say we will have, we already have.
Josey Wales: That's true. I ain't promising you nothing extra. I'm just giving you life and you're giving me life. And I'm saying that men can live together without butchering one another.
Ten Bears: It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carries the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... and death. It shall be life.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0075029/quotes

Boonierat

Biệt Ðộng Quân
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
from Full Metal Jacket:

Pogue Colonel: Marine, what is that button on your body armor?
Private Joker: A peace symbol, sir.
Pogue Colonel: Where'd you get it?
Private Joker: I don't remember, sir.
Pogue Colonel: What is that you've got written on your helmet?
Private Joker: "Born to Kill", sir.
Pogue Colonel: You write "Born to Kill" on your helmet and you wear a peace button. What's that supposed to be, some kind of sick joke?
Private Joker: No, sir.
Pogue Colonel: You'd better get your head and your ass wired together, or I will take a giant shit on you.
Private Joker: Yes, sir.
Pogue Colonel: Now answer my question or you'll be standing tall before the man.
Private Joker: I think I was trying to suggest something about the duality of man, sir.
Pogue Colonel: The what?
Private Joker: The duality of man. The Jungian thing, sir.
Pogue Colonel: Whose side are you on, son?
Private Joker: Our side, sir.
Pogue Colonel: Don't you love your country?
Pogue Colonel: Then how about getting with the program? Why don't you jump on the team and come on in for the big win?
Pogue Colonel: Son, all I've ever asked of my marines is that they obey my orders as they would the word of God. We are here to help the Vietnamese, because inside every gook there is an American trying to get out. It's a hardball world, son. We've gotta keep our heads until this peace craze blows over.
Private Joker: Aye-aye, sir.

Last edited:

Overseer

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Brevet said:
Elvis- "What do I care? I got a growth on my pecker." from Bubba Ho-tep

:TRUCE:
Hahaha, it was a funny movie at points, but considering I had been following it since its infancy, I was disappointed based on all the hype I had heard.

J P

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
"I eat contertina wire and i piss napalm" - Clint Eastwood, Heartbreak Hill

"Drop your linen and start your grinning" - Hicks, Aliens

Arnie's associate - "They call him the sandspider"
Arnie's Boss - "Why?"
Arnie's associate - "Probably because it sounds scary"
(True lies)

Major Hayward - "There is a war on, how is it that you are going to Kentucky?"
Hawkeye - "Well, i face north, and real sudden like, i turn left"
(Last of the Mohicans)

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Brian: Say somthing
Stewie: What?
Brian: she's dead....Just say somthing!
Stewie: *clears throat* Yea and God said to Abraham, "You will kill your son Isaac." And Abraham said, "I can't hear you, you'll have to speak into the microphone." And God said, "Oh I'm sorry, Is this better? Check, check, check... Jerry, pull the high end out, I'm still getting some hiss back here."

I love Family Guy...