Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Palantir

Member #86
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
What are your 2 favorite classes in LotRO, and why?

Burglar
Champion
Captain
Guardian
Hunter
Lore Master
Rune Keeper
Minstrel
Warden

Having played the Burglar, Hunter, Minstrel & Warden the two I enjoyed the most are the Burglar & Hunter with the Hunter being #1 (I have 2!)

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
I don't know how much my vote counts; I picked Hunter straight off and nothing tells me I should bother trying any of the other classes. I tried to play a Champion for a bit, but the lack of ranged combat skills was maddening after playing a hunter for so long. I also missed the ability to run through terrain fast, spot Taters and Rhubarb etc. and other skills I relied on as a hunter. So I think I hit on a winner first time out and have no desire to even try any of the other ones.

jayedub7423

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Man, I really need to slow down and read these before I start voting, I only chose one. But my first choice is the Warden class, I am having alot of fun with it right now, and it's helped me gain interest in playing the game again. But I like the Gambits because you can chain different attacks to get some really nice Gambit attacks, which keeps me involved in the game. And they are super strong at my level still.

I also like the Champion, my first class that I played. Dual wielding is the best, and they can pump out the damage like crazy, which I like. Not a great reason, but I find the class to be fun and interesting.

Palantir

Member #86
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I also like the Champion, my first class that I played. Dual wielding is the best, and they can pump out the damage like crazy, which I like.
That's a true Champ for you!
My wife has a Champion that dual-welds & loves wading into mobs & laying them out. I'm trying to get her to weld a shield a little and keep their attention a bit more to keep 'em from melee'ing my Hunter. :bite:
I enjoy dropping traps and popping mobs from long range and then downing them before they can reach me. :devious: It's too bad the developers nerf'd the Hunter's "nuke" abilities (Dmg output) so much in past patches - maybe the will restore some of it in the next one. :halo:

jayedub said:
Not a great reason, but I find the class to be fun and interesting.
That's the best reason I can think of!!:clap:

Hunter's- don't forget to throw oil on your bow's, besides the fire/light dmg the animations are :cool:. (I believe that the "oil animations" actually slow down crossbows some.)