Votes: 1 0.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AZslim

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
My largest complaint about polls and discussions is often that they are no more than popularity contests of no substantive value ("worst battle" and "best scenario" threads turn into mere laundry lists of titles). It is strange to see a thread whose purpose is actually a popularity contest and stranger still for me to have no objection to it. Perhaps it is because at this point Mr. Armstrong is in the lead, or because the field contains so many worthy candidates. In the wake of the thread by Jan (Honza) relating the shabby treatment that was meted out to him, this was a nice choice of topic. While I'm still puzzled why I'm not outraged by this, perhaps I'll be angrier in Feb 2012 if Paul Weir isn't one of the contenders.

My write-in vote is Cherper. You didn't say "poster", just member. As an admin, Cherper often gets involved in lots of messiness behind the scenes. Alanp has done the same, though I think has been a bit less active as of late. Apologies if I've gotten that wrong. But both have done unheralded work as moderators behind the scenes and definitely count as "members" in my books, even if their presence is not so flashy out in public.

I'd like to give an honourable mention to BattleSchool as well, who may be under Glennbo's radar, but who has been posting lots of ASL-related material and carrying the torch up in Canada and promoting the game to a great many people.
Eat sh!t and die, you a$$ sucking puddle of weasel vomit.

Faded 8-1

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Mark
Country
llUnited States
That's really over the line, even for this place. Get a grip Slim.

Pitman

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
All right, I am officially going balls out to get enough votes to beat Glennbo. That's right, I am going to be a total vote-whore.

What will it take?

Do you want free naked baths in my tub of counters? You got it, skipper, I'll even throw in the rubber duckie!

You want me to compromise my principles? You got it, padre. I hereby declare that black SS counters are cool and every ASL product should have a historical booklet!

I have no shame. No shame at all. I will grovel for those votes.

Perhaps you want me to french kiss Michael Dorosh? Just tell me how hard, how long. I'll tickle his tonsils for as long as it will take you to exercise your franchise.

That's how committed I am to winning your vote!

After all, why wouldn't you vote for me? YOU are the coolest person on Gamesquad! That's right, YOU. In fact, I am repping you just thinking of you, that's how cool you are. I know a cool guy like you would help me beat Glennbo!

Maybe I need to sweeten the deal? How 'bout this? If you vote for me, I will personally contribute $20 to a charity designed to purchase a spellchecker for Scott Holst!

I'm ready and steady, Freddy! Vote for me!

A half-squad in every pot! That's what I say. I want YOUR vote and I will do what it takes to get it. I will literally paypal you seven cents if you vote for me! That's right--who else is offering you a bribe? I AM. That's how much I care about you, friend!

So, just remember, a vote for me over Glennbo is a vote for YOU! By the transitive property, you will be voting for yourself!

Jeff Waldon

Reaction score
First name
Jeff
Country
llUnited States
All right, I am officially going balls out to get enough votes to beat Glennbo. That's right, I am going to be a total vote-whore.

What will it take?

Do you want free naked baths in my tub of counters? You got it, skipper, I'll even throw in the rubber duckie!

You want me to compromise my principles? You got it, padre. I hereby declare that black SS counters are cool and every ASL product should have a historical booklet!

Perhaps you want me to french kiss Michael Dorosh? Just tell me how hard, how long. I'll tickle his tonsils for as long as it will take you to exercise your franchise.

After all, why wouldn't you vote for me? YOU are the coolest person on Gamesquad! That's right, YOU. In fact, I am repping you just thinking of you, that's how cool you are. I know a cool guy like you would help me beat Glennbo!

Maybe I need to sweeten the deal? How 'bout this? If you vote for me, I will personally contribute $20 to a charity designed to purchase a spellchecker for Scott Holst!

A half-squad in every pot! That's what I say. I want YOUR vote and I will do what it takes to get it. I will literally paypal you seven cents if you vote for me! That's right--who else is offering you a bribe? I AM. That's how much I care about you, friend!

So, just remember, a vote for me over Glennbo is a vote for YOU! By the transitive property, you will be voting for yourself!
That is too damn funny! Good one Mark.

Jeff

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada

What will it take?

Serves me right for opening my mouth a page ago.

Actually, given your stated intentions, let me rephrase.

This is not any less gay, but since it made me physically LOL I had no choice but to rep you. Well done. :mad:

BobO

Argentine Dove Hunter
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

What will it take?

You had me at French kissing Dorosh.

JimWhite

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I know I'll never make the list of choices...but that sure beats being on the list and receiving zero votes.:p

rdw5150

it's just a game
Reaction score
First name
Roger
Country
llUnited States
Hello!

Well this was a tough one.....

On the one hand I have no votes:cry::upset::nuts:

But on the other hand I cannot bring myself to vote for myself like a wussy:smoke:

So, who to vote for (these are not the only people on my "favorite" list)?

-The most outrageous member who keeps things interesting: Glennbo

-Gene, who wages a single man's war on the only person on my ignore list

-Brett, my ASL/Tribe/Sports buddy who has been good enough to give me a ticket, put me up in the guest room and then beat the crap out of me at ASL the next day, plus he takes the time to run ASLOK

-JRV (would be a write in) who adds good stuff to threads

-Klas (another write in a and a sin he was missed) who is quick with rules answers

-Psycho for being himself

-Someone else

I wish I could vote for two.........

But I gotta throw my vote to Spencer...... He's a good guy (though a little sickenly positive at times:devious:), he adds good stuff to threads, answers rules questions, did not back down when someone bashed his ASL abilities (he was not being too nice then, I was impressed) and adds a lot to the game (playtesting and proof reading)......

If I could vote for two, it Klas would get the vote, he is 'da man when it comes to my stupid rules questions (plus he arranged for me to get a Sweedish Volunteer pack, my favorite item from ASLOK a couple years ago).

Peace

roger

PS wow as I was typing I got a vote:smoke: Look out now, I am coming for ya spencer:clown:

Last edited:

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
It would have been nice to have had some sort of proportional voting system, but I strongly suspect that would have been beyond the capabilities of the GS polling system. Single vote precludes any honourable mentions amongst those who you favour.

I am surprised that custardpie is not on the list. His grounded sensibility and humour should have earned him a chance.

ASRomafan

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Now that is funny lol.

scott
lmao. That is expressing one's feelings I'd say

Sounds like a good back story there between the two of them. Not sure if I'm jealous being ignorant and being on the outside looking in, or should just revel in the ignorance of what can drive such feelings on an internet site.

Sparafucil3

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
I know I'll never make the list of choices...but that sure beats being on the list and receiving zero votes.:p
I am happy to have no votes. Like Rep, this means nothing to me. -- jim

Fort

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

What will it take?

Can I change my vote?

I hereby vote for Mark....I want pics...Michael's first non-familial kiss! ;)

Kevin Kenneally

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
This poll "ALMOST" suxs....

I chose "Vinnie" because the "@rse-h*le" forumite who started this poll FORGOT the word "SHOOT".....

Bunch of "b*tt-m*nchin' pervs".....

Morbii

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

What will it take?

That hard thing that you mentioned earlier in relation to your mom sounded like a decent offer.

Pitman

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I see people are jumping on the Pitman Bandwagon! Remember, a vote for Pitman is a vote AGAINST Al Qaeda!

To keep this mighty mo going, I will now introduce my campaign song!

It is called "CC Phase Is Here Again" and it is sung to the tune of "Happy Days are Here Again."

The CC phase is here again,
I'll advance my engineers right in
So let's sing a song of blood and sin
CC phase is here again!

I'll attack at 2 to 1
Looks like your pinned half squad is done
While my casualties are next to none
CC Phase is here again!

I think my 2 DR looks great
Looks like I just might infiltrate
After a leader I generate
CC Phase is here again!

Glennbo

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Geez, at this point even I would vote for Pitman...if I hadn't already voted for me. But then, as he says, since a vote for him is a vote for oneself then I guess I DID vote for him! :crosseye:

Glennbo

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Klas has 4 votes by my count. Not bad for a write-in candidate.

Klas should have been on there. And Custard Pie too. But I ran out of room. There were about seven more people I wanted to include. :violin:

Last edited: