Favorite 80s Metal Band

trauth116

Webmaster: hist-sdc.com
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
:demon: :armed: :bang:

Been drinking and decided I need to listen to Maiden to make life better .... be back later

Patrocles

Reaction score
Originally posted by trauth116
:demon: :armed: :bang:

Been drinking and decided I need to listen to Maiden to make life better .... be back later
rawk on! I'm partial to the first two albums with Paul Dianno (sp.) - Iron Maiden and Killers. They have some great gothic horror themes with songs "Phantom of the Opera" "Murders in the Rue Morgue"

Janos

Reaction score
Combat Military Training Center, Hohenfels, Bavari
Country
llUnited States
Originally posted by Patrocles
rawk on! I'm partial to the first two albums with Paul Dianno (sp.) - Iron Maiden and Killers. They have some great gothic horror themes with songs "Phantom of the Opera" "Murders in the Rue Morgue"
I can't get enough Maiden.

The Trooper
Die With Your Boots On
Run To the Hills
Mercenary

I just got their new one (to me anyway) Rock in Rio -- just love that live stuff!

trauth116

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Originally posted by Patrocles
2 of my favorites ... then I got to looking last night - came up with some Priest - then looked into some Dio - and settled on some Bubble Gum metal from 79 or was it 80 ... VH 2 ....

Patrocles

Reaction score
Originally posted by Janos
I can't get enough Maiden.

The Trooper
Die With Your Boots On
Run To the Hills
Mercenary

I just got their new one (to me anyway) Rock in Rio -- just love that live stuff!
some day out of curiousity I need to find that charge of the light brigade film that Maiden used in the video of The Trooper! anyone know that movie?

the trooper really rocks...I assume Harris wrote the music for that? he has a way with rock rhythms (sp.! ha ha).
Don't forget the instrumental "Ghengis Khan"!

trauth116

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Man I used to freak all thetownies out n the mid 80's - with my huge silver roller blades - - - with a walkman -- the song of choice (for crossover drills) was Stranger in a Strangeland ... now I gotta go find it -- be back later ...

loved those album covers too - think that one was a Bladerunner theme...

PvtJohnson

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Ya all new music is trash. That punk crap is reppetitive and horrible, rap has gone down the trash, and all other bands are either one hit wonders or there doing covers of old songs. I think jazz is going to come back.