llUnited States
CCR is awesome, however we're getting off the topic of 80's metal! :D

Overseer

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Originally posted by Jeremy Scott
with me, Im always off topic
I'm surprised you haven't been naming any 80's Metal bands with hot women in them...

...hmm...

...are there any?

Overseer

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I think we might be defining metal different in some of those cases. :D

Patrocles

Reaction score
Originally posted by Overseer
I'm surprised you haven't been naming any 80's Metal bands with hot women in them...

...hmm...

...are there any?
The Runaways!
Girlschool!

The Donnas...oh wait, they are in 2004! but check 'em out! They do an awesome cover of Judas Priest's "Living After Midnight"

Rawk on!
:armed:

trauth116

Webmaster: hist-sdc.com
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Pat Benatar, Stevie Nicks, and dont forget the Go Gos
Ok thats it --

the Metal fuzz are here to bust you --- Go Gos? - I think noooot --- Stevie Nicks is good and all - but not metal -- and there is nothing like watching a teen age male talking about putting another notch in his lipstick case - because he thought Pat Benetart rocked - and he had to sing along -and was not paying attention to what it was.

OK - the sentence --- is to stick your head between speakers pointed at your ears - and put on something like 'For Whom the Bell Tolls - by Metallica - on 11 ...

AND KNOCK THAT GO GOs top 40 crap off - I mean what is next - Madonna? :spill:

Note I am not into Metallica that much - especially after they helped kill off file sharing --- but fwtbt - is a pretty cool song before they went commercial.

trauth116

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Originally posted by PvtJohnson
Rammstein is a awesome heavy metal band. It's in german but its so good you can look past that. Download anything by them.
Rammstein is 90's --- although I am into them big time - they are not a hair band from the 80's ...

For a halfway decent film on a pseudo hairband in the 80's -- Rock Star with that Marky Mark guy is not that bad ...

trauth116

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Originally posted by trauth116
Rammstein is 90's --- although I am into them big time - they are not a hair band from the 80's ...

For a halfway decent film on a pseudo hairband in the 80's -- Rock Star with that Marky Mark guy is not that bad ...
Also - point of Order Led Zep's last album was In through the Out Door -- at least the last one put out before Bonham's death .. which was 1979 iirc

trauth116

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
No for some of that crappier metal bands of the 80's ....

Quiet Riot

Twisted Sister

Accept (look anybody that has a line about 'putting a bomb in everyone's arse'- no matter if they speak English as a first language - is just not that good) ...

Bon Jovi (who tried to fake it in the 80's) -- is this guy like Cher or something? why doesn't he just go play Branson and get lost :p

Patrocles

Reaction score
ok who cares about todays metal, I dont and thats that
ha ha

Yeah, me too, we probably have different reasons. To me the current crop of metal bands sounds more like trash metal or punk!! wtf...yeah, I heard that stuff 20+ years ago! ha ha
I'll take some Sab, UFO, Rainbow, Maiden any day

Buckcherry is the only recent band that interested me with their music. Their guitar licks harkened back to Priest, Aerosmith, GNR, Sex Pistols. I don't think they are around anymore but you can still find their cds.

yeah, KISS still puts on a great show! best bang for your buck! ha ha