Fate of Passengers/Riders if the vehicle is elminated when unloading?

Tuomo

Keeper of the Funk
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Can't believe I can't find this, but what happens to Passengers/Riders if their vehicle is eliminated while spending the MP to Unload them?

EagleIV

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
It depends on the type of attack. If it was VTT attack, nothing happens to the now Infantry. If it was on the IFT (possibly after a ATT hit), the former passengers (now Infantry) would most likely be effected by the same attack as Infantry and be taking a MC (someone might find a situation where the Infantry are missed on the IFT, but a truck is killed.)

Jazz

Inactive
Reaction score
Country
llLithuania
I think it's kinda like placing smoke? DFire at a MP/MF expenditure happens after all results of that expenditure happen. Shooting VTT the infantry are out of the vehicle and good to go. ATT might be another issue?

apbills

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
In A8.11 "Once the ATTACKER announces that he is unloading Passengers, it is too late for the DEFENDER to announce an attack on the vehicle with its Passengers/Riders still loaded - even if the disembarking declaration is the first MP/MF expenditure of the MPh."

Adding a reference to previous answers.

Tuomo

Keeper of the Funk
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
In A8.11 "Once the ATTACKER announces that he is unloading Passengers, it is too late for the DEFENDER to announce an attack on the vehicle with its Passengers/Riders still loaded - even if the disembarking declaration is the first MP/MF expenditure of the MPh."

Adding a reference to previous answers.
THANK YOU.

Foolish of me to think it might be in Chapter D somewhere.

Wayne

Doing Plenty, Kinda Slow
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
It is in a strange location, being the paragraph is "8.11 FACING: " I had to look for it.
It is odd. Perhaps the thinking was, It's an Infantry rule, so, goes in chap A ?

[I looked for a chap D cross-ref to it, but didn't find one.]

apbills

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
It is in the Defensive Fire section, which makes sense, but the paragraph title does not give you a feeling that it is covered in there. It's almost like there was no other spot, and they didn't want an 8.111

Tuomo

Keeper of the Funk
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I think it's kinda like placing smoke? DFire at a MP/MF expenditure happens after all results of that expenditure happen.
Yeah, that was the way my Desperate Brain was thinking - like this might be like placing a DC, where I could intervene at the MF/MP expenditure and stop it from happening. But no.

Are there other DC-like situations?

Jazz

Inactive
Reaction score
Country
llLithuania
Yeah, that was the way my Desperate Brain was thinking - like this might be like placing a DC, where I could intervene at the MF/MP expenditure and stop it from happening. But no.

Are there other DC-like situations?
Grasping at straws only leads to disappointment and will get you nowhere. Stand up and take your licks like a man......🆒

The DC thing is the exception here. Any other exceptions need to be explicitly called out in the rulz. Can't think of any other specific examples, but if there are you will read about it in the rulz.