Farhenheit 3.11

NUTTERNAME

Reaction score
Country
llVietnam
Yes, I know, great Title...what can I say?

In any case, I wish that someone over at BF would police up the threads regarding the patch and confusion of the embedded patchiness in the pack. That is, they should move all the 3.11 forum threads to the Tech Support forum. Ugh, wait, that would actually move the majority of them over there...

NUTTERNAME

Reaction score
Country
llVietnam
Redwolf said...

From the patch notes:
"Very heavily-laden soldiers cannot use Fast or sometimes even Quick moves"

Does that mean they further restricted movements so that some infantry can only walk slowly, ever, as if they are taking a stroll through the park?

Last time I checked heavy weapons are broken up into parts that allow each person carrying a part to make at least a house-to-house dash, or across the street.

Now CMRT will have them walk across the street?
It appears so. Troops can load up on stuff. There should be a limit IMO. Having separate 2 man ammo carriers for ATG, with a LMG, and humping bulky shells might make picking up 1500 rounds of MG ammo a bit much.

In some cases, like squads that have loaded up on MG ammo, perhaps a better modeling would be that they tire quicker. They can still Run a bit but pay a price. To be honest, I haven't tried it much but I have seen excluded menu options like Run and Quick.

NUTTERNAME

Reaction score
Country
llVietnam
I played a well worn scenario "Myth of Invincibility" to check out the 3.11 patch. I was interested in the JgdpnzerIV supposedly having better optics. Not sure if this applies to the 'short' L48 versions in the game but I thought it might be fun to be a defender and cream the Soviets.

Some odd things noted are: (spoiler)
Even though all JpzIV were unbuttoned and hull down and eyeballing exactly where I knew the Soviets would appear, they started receiving AT fire without seeing anything. They also just stood there even when hit. The range was over 1000 meters and there was no where else the fire could have come from and the JpzIV were looking strait at the enemy's only possible location. They take hits, get damaged and it seems they don't button up as I think they did before 3.11. I had to wait till the turn was over and reverse them. I moved up the Panther platoon and they got the same treatment.

I then retreated all armor back and moved infantry HQ up to buildings and highpoints so I could at least get an idea where the enemy was. I called in mortar fire where the HQ's spotted the enemy sitting. They were exactly where I thought they were. The enemy AFV buttoned up (and stayed buttoned up) and finally drove forward into the village. They sat there buttoned up and out of possible LOS of most of my armor. I did sneak up a Panther and used two buildings to shoot through to target a T34 that was buttoned and facing away at an angle. The panther was unbuttoned and I gave it a hunt order to a spot that would have LOS to the spot the T34 was on. Amazingly, even though it was pointed right at the T34, the panther took awhile to spot the T34. The T34 turned its hull, not its turret, and fired at the panther first! The panther finally spots the T34, fires and gets a turret penetration, and the T34 fires again destroying the panther. Range was 400-500 meters.

I had make every attack on the Soviet armor a gang attack, not easy since I was outnumbered, since there are many misses and hits that result in penetrations that do not faze the Soviet tankers. I went completely out of my way to get that one lucky T34 and the crew that jumped out was nothing special.

I would rename this scenario "Myth of Spotting Modeling".

View attachment 48061

Last edited: