Farenhait 9/11

Djordjije

Reaction score
Country
llYugoslavia
Yesterday I sow this movie and I am interested to know how many of you that discuss Iraq have seen it?
It shows very well how dirty is US in their foreign policy against Iraq and so on...

Andrey

Reaction score
Country
llRussia
Djordjije said:
Yesterday I sow this movie and I am interested to know how many of you that discuss Iraq have seen it?
It shows very well how dirty is US in their foreign policy against Iraq and so on...
As I understood current public hates Michael Moore.

They hate his because they are "patriots" and Bush followers, Moore is enemy of Bush so he is bad guy for public here.

I discussed "Bowling for Columbine" and books of Moore with similar public in other site, they speak that "all his data is right but he is wrong in any case". He is wrong only because he is Michael Moore.

For example, Moore describes how Bush became president illegally. Opponents of Moore confirm that all his data is true but speak that ... Moore is wrong commonly. For me, even if part of facts of Moore about that case is right so Bush became president with many violations. But "patriotic" US public disagree wit it and it is strange for me...

B5C

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Andrey said:
As I understood current public hates Michael Moore.

They hate his because they are "patriots" and Bush followers, Moore is enemy of Bush so he is bad guy for public here.

I discussed "Bowling for Columbine" and books of Moore with similar public in other site, they speak that "all his data is right but he is wrong in any case". He is wrong only because he is Michael Moore.

For example, Moore describes how Bush became president illegally. Opponents of Moore confirm that all his data is true but speak that ... Moore is wrong commonly. For me, even if part of facts of Moore about that case is right so Bush became president with many violations. But "patriotic" US public disagree wit it and it is strange for me...

No its not that. He doenst make documentaries! He makes propaganda films. Hell even the Oscar people are not going to nomnate this film because they know its a propaganda film.

Aries

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Old topic, but I too only watched this last night (buddy loaned it to me).

First off I am not a Moore fan and he sounded like a slimy weasel in his film.

Then again his film does a good job of making Bush look like an even slimier weasel.

Pity of it is, Kerry still looks like a guy who ain't going to win the election.

I got sort of a reaffrimation that what I think of Bush is ok with me.
Sadly, I really feel bad for the guys serving in Iraq.

Only real value I got out of the film, was perhaps a sense of "thank god our government chose to let George do this one on his own".
I wouldn't wish any of Iraq on anyone right now.

Djordjije

Reaction score
Country
llYugoslavia
B5C said:
No its not that. He doenst make documentaries! He makes propaganda films. Hell even the Oscar people are not going to nomnate this film because they know its a propaganda film.
So what if that is propaganda film?
Is it true that todays so called president of Iraq was imployed in that oil company? Is it true that about conections with binladen's? Is it true that they lie about weapons of massdestruction? and so on...

B5C

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Djordjije said:
So what if that is propaganda film?
Is it true that todays so called president of Iraq was imployed in that oil company? Is it true that about conections with binladen's? Is it true that they lie about weapons of massdestruction? and so on...

Those are a all lies. Even though they are no WMDs there. Saddam was our enemie and we had to get rid of him. Also its cheaper to conqure Mexico than Iraq to get oil.

Aries

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Often the word "propaganda" gets thrown in just to make it seem like it is more than what it is.

I watched the film, I am not disputing the evidences Michael put forth.

My only concern is a lot of Michael's agenda is fairly thinly disguised in the manner in which he delivers his evidence.

But it doesn't invalidate his evidences, it just makes you hate the messenger.

Djordjije

Reaction score
Country
llYugoslavia
B5C said:
Those are a all lies. Even though they are no WMDs there. Saddam was our enemie and we had to get rid of him. Also its cheaper to conqure Mexico than Iraq to get oil.
Just keep on fighting your enemies... All lies?! Mexico has oil as Iraq? I didn't knew that!

sickpup

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
It’s not so much that he lies, but in how he portrays the facts. For instance, during my high school football career, one of our receivers caught the ball 100% of the time it was thrown to him. Additionally, he scored 50% of the time when he caught the ball.

Now, stats like that would make him an all star... that is, until you learn that he only caught two passes during his entire career, and scored on only one of those.

Moore’s tactics are much the same. In this case he’d give you the receiving and scoring percentages to argue that the receiver should get more playing time. It's easy to agree with him unless you actually dig further and get the facts.

I wonder if those folks who are touting Moore’s film are going to take the time to watch Fahrenhype 911 which is essentially a rebuttal. It claims to point out all the half-truths and misleading statements that Farenheit 9/11 put forth.

hogdriver

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Djordjije said:
If you had any knowledge whatsoever of Michael Moore, you would know how marginalized he is, and how the only people that believe anything he says are his fellow extremists. If you paid him enough, I am certain that he would make a film about your glorious "heroes" such as Slobodan Milosevic, Radovan Karadzic, and Ratko Mladic. for the right price, he will portray them as veritable angels. I will wager that you have no more knowledge of what is happening in Iraq than you do of the back-side of the moon. Watch others of Moore's films, I'm certain that the likes of you will enjoy them.
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Marines

Reaction score
Michael Moore doesn't actually lie all the time in his films but he does take to truth and stretch it. One portion of F9/11 that comes to mind is the scene in which he is standing outside the Saudi embassy in D.C. He begins his monologue with commentary about the Uniformed Secret Service Division and how they are guarding this embassy when they shouldn't be and how they are spying on him.

A simple Google search a mere minute of his time would have revealed the information he desired. The USSD's mission is to guard the White House grounds, Treasury Department buildings and foreign EMBASSIES on US soil. He attempts to make the viewers believe there is some sort of conspiracy afoot and that the Bush administration is out to get him. :rolleyes:

Andrey

Reaction score
Country
llRussia
Djordjije, do you see it?

Public here speaks that books and movies of Moore are propaganda.

But "CNN" and "Fox News" data are not propaganda for them.

It is impossible to speak with Americans about American propaganda. They do not believe in this because US propaganda learned them to believe that there is no such propaganda - :). Every time when I tried to ask them about it and to discuss concrete things they spoke only slogans like "US mass media are most free mass media all over the world", "America is most free country all over the world" and so on.

In reality books and movies of Michael Moore are not more propaganda than CNN and Fox News.

Last edited:

B5C

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Andrey said:
Djordjije, do you see it?

Public here speaks that books and movies of Moore are propaganda.

But "CNN" and "Fox News" data are not propaganda for them.

It is impossible to speak with Americans about American propaganda. They do not believe in this because US propaganda learned then to believe that there is no such propaganda - :). Every time when I tried to ask them about it and to discuss concrete things they spoke only slogans like "US mass media are most free mass media all over the world", "America is most free country all over the world" and so on.

In reality books and movies of Michael Moore are not more propaganda than CNN and Fox News.

We have a balance of propaganda!

CNN- Liberal
MSNBC- Liberal
NBC- Liberal
CBS- Very Liberal
ABC- Liberal
NY Times- Liberal

FoxNews- Conservative
Talk Radio- Conservative
Wall Street Journal- Conservative
Washington Times- Conservative
NY Post- Conservative
NY Sun- Conservative

Andrey

Reaction score
Country
llRussia
hogdriver said:
If you had any knowlecge whatsoever of Michael Moore, you would know how marginalized he is, and how the only people that believe anything he says are his fellow extremists. If you paid him enough, I am certain that he would make a film about your glorious "heroes" such as Slobodan Milosevic, Radovan Karadzic, and Ratko Mladic. for the right price, he will portray them as veritable angels. I will wager that you have no more knowledge of what is happening in Iraq than you do of the back-side of the moon. Watch others of Moore's films, I'm certain that the likes of you will enjoy them.
Ok, let's speak about Serb leaders.

Why do you suppose that they are bloody criminals? It is only result of US propaganda. You heard it every day for many years on US TV and read it in US newspapers.

But it looks like all stories about Serb crimes in Cosovo were only one large false in information war. So it is possible that all your data about Serb leaders is one large false also.

Ask Serb about these guys.

You have to study to divide propaganda naked words from concrete proofs and facts.

In US practically all mass media is propaganda, pro-republican mass media speaks good words about Bush, pro-democratic US mass media speaks bad words about Bush.

There are war movies and anti-war movies, it is all propaganda of opinion of movie director and it is well known fact.

Do not show Moore like he does something that differ from actions of others.

May be, Moore is wrong in some cases and his enemies will be happy to find these mistakes. But check all his most significant data and make conclusions on base of these facts like there is no movie of Moore but you know only these facts.

Reaction score
Djordjije said:
Is it true that about conections with binladen's?
The Bush family did have connections with the Bin Laden family for business dealings in Saudi Arabia, but not Osama. The Bin Laden family apparently didn't even have connections with Osama. :nuts:

B5C

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Martin Schenkel said:
The Bush family did have connections with the Bin Laden family for business dealings in Saudi Arabia, but not Osama. The Bin Laden family apparently didn't even have connections with Osama. :nuts:

They dis-owned him. Since the Bin Laden family didnt want to get in trouble with the Saudi Royal family.

Djordjije

Reaction score
Country
llYugoslavia
hogdriver said:
If you had any knowlecge whatsoever of Michael Moore, you would know how marginalized he is, and how the only people that believe anything he says are his fellow extremists. If you paid him enough, I am certain that he would make a film about your glorious "heroes" such as Slobodan Milosevic, Radovan Karadzic, and Ratko Mladic. for the right price, he will portray them as veritable angels. I will wager that you have no more knowledge of what is happening in Iraq than you do of the back-side of the moon. Watch others of Moore's films, I'm certain that the likes of you will enjoy them.
Movies are my life, to say so... Where is MM marginalized? In US? I don't care for US! World is what I care for... I have seen «Columbine», and its better then this one, but nothing special. MM is for me good only becouse he takes personal of the topic he discuss! That is not documentary, but so what? Artist has to have «cohones», and it is interesting to see how «open minded» you are when your country is on topic...
Our heroes are our heroes and you know nothing about them, so I don't see why are you talking about them. Why not endeed; MM can make film about Mladic, Karadzic, and that comunist Milosevic ? why not! I know what is happening in Iraq from dayly reports in our newspapers. Like yesterdays bombing in faludga... again killing civilians...