Dr Zaius

Chief Defender of the Faith
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
Richa333 said:
I agree with much of your post but not the part that "warrants aren't really officers."

Warrants are officers even tho' they don't hold a full commission, in the sense that you posted.

A chief warrant officer (W-4) buddy of mine that just retired was the XO of his flight group with command authority over the NCO's, enlisted, junior warrants & contractors: Army personnel totalling 40 or so, contractors totaling about 10, annual budget over $20 million /year, supporting approximately a half-dozen air craft. My friend's CO wouldn't sneeze without my buddy W-4's consent. Reason: a few hot-shot previous commissioned officer CO's had tried that & were quickly yanked from command by the commissioned higher-ups. The NCO's routinely took their orders directly from my W-4 buddy, who also handled personnel matters: training plans; maintenance oversight; contract management; and budgeting, amongst many other hats.

An officer is an officer is an officer.

However besides that one point, I agree with your post.
What branch of service was this?

freightshaker

Reaction score
I've known CW-3's to be XO's and even CO's temporarily. WO are fun since no one can really touch them except for the old man. Kind of like E-7's on up, you literally need an act of congress to really hurt them.