Fantasy REN Mod (Playtesters and Players Needed)

Lord_Valentai

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
REN is a great game in and of itself, but what makes it my favourite HPS game is the versatility especially with the modding.

So with this in mind I decided to start making a fantasy mod and found that the REN engine adapted itself quite well to even some pretty wild concepts. People might recognise me under a different name from other forums where I tried these ideas previously

With this in mind, rather than create scenarios and try to balance them, I want to make this much like a tabletop wargame, where both sides choose armies up to an agreed points value, then choose a map and enter onto the battlefield as reinforcements. Open, free-form stuff much like the random scenarios which come with Ren.

I've not got to the stage of doing fancy graphics or anything like that, I want to make sure this works first.

So basically I'm looking for people to first check my stats and points with (because one person can only have so much perspective on their own work) and then people to play against to make sure it all works as it should.

If that all goes to plan...2D and unit card graphics, expanded army lists and scenarios are possible. Basics first though.

If you're interested or want to know more post here, PM me, or email me at ashantai (at) gmail (dot) com

TheGrayMouser

Reaction score
Sounds like a great idea to me, I saw some of you earlier stuff and as you state, the engine adapts nicely for fantasy battles. I likely wont be able to help much with any PBEMAIL testing due to time issues but if you need a second set of eyes on the army list or to play around with any scenarios you create (be it hotseat or AI) let me know, cheers!

Lord_Valentai

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Sounds like a great idea to me, I saw some of you earlier stuff and as you state, the engine adapts nicely for fantasy battles. I likely wont be able to help much with any PBEMAIL testing due to time issues but if you need a second set of eyes on the army list or to play around with any scenarios you create (be it hotseat or AI) let me know, cheers!
Sounds great! Mind if I PM you something?

TheGrayMouser

Reaction score
sent you a PM, let me know here if it didn't go thru ( I cant tell on this website...)