Fanatic Enterprise Boards

Steve H

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
With FE no longer selling, does anyone know where one could still get their mapboards FE1 and FE2? I mean besides NKG for $100? Anyone got a pdf of them? I have some of their later scenario packs that ask for those boards but I can't source them anywhere. All I can find from them is the Vasl download.

Ray Woloszyn

"Fire and Movement"
Reaction score
First name
Ray
Country
llUnited States
I did not know there were mapboards. Were they like some of the unmounted Squad Leader boards once sold by AH? I assume they were not copyrighted but I am no lawyer so perhaps they are protected as intellectual property.

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
I did not know there were mapboards. Were they like some of the unmounted Squad Leader boards once sold by AH? I assume they were not copyrighted but I am no lawyer so perhaps they are protected as intellectual property.
Pretty much everything is copyrighted. you can license it with a generous license if you like.

JR

olli

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
All the FE boards were just unmounted, or downloadable from his website they were never an actual board SK wise or old school mounted just plain and simple print on paper . So if NKG are selling them they are PDF printed on paper and you are being ripped off .

xenovin

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Vincent
Country
llUnited States
I downloaded them years ago and I think they were VASL-ized? I can check tonight

xenovin

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Vincent
Country
llUnited States

pybarrondo

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
All the FE boards were just unmounted, or downloadable from his website they were never an actual board SK wise or old school mounted just plain and simple print on paper . So if NKG are selling them they are PDF printed on paper and you are being ripped off .
Well, Noble Knight is selling the Budapest Pack, which has Boards 1 and 2 in it, not selling the boards alone. But yes, the price is much too high. Anyhow, I am pretty sure the boards that came with the pack ARE just printouts of the VASL boards. They are not great quality. :)

Printing out the VASL boards on two sheets each of cardstock will get anyone exact reproductions of the maps that came with the pack. And yep, he did several boards in addition to those two. All of them were available to download from his website last time I checked.

Last edited:

olli

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Yes I have all of them printed out and yes the maps in the pack were just printed paper

pybarrondo

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Yes I have all of them printed out and yes the maps in the pack were just printed paper
Yeah, just pointing out for the OP's benefit that the graphics themselves are no better on the supplied maps than you can print yourself. No reason at all to seek out the originals.