Fanatic and Lax

Jack Dionne

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Can a unit be both?I am referring to is Red Barricades. I have some conscripts in a factories. Do I still get the Lax penalty of +1 for the ambush roll even though they are Fanatic?

Jeff H

Reaction score
Country
ll
My take on this would be that you can be both ....

1. Fanatic Status affects the "bravery" - Increase in morale, no cower, no PAATC, no disruption or surrender by RtPh method.

2. Lax status is due to the inexperience of the conscripts - they will still have the +1 for ambush checks as they still don't know what they are doing ..... eg making a noise whilst supposedly waiting silently and thus alerting the enemy etc

Jazz

Inactive
Reaction score
Country
llLithuania
Jack said:
Can a unit be both?I am referring to is Red Barricades. I have some conscripts in a factories. Do I still get the Lax penalty of +1 for the ambush roll even though they are Fanatic?
Sure can. Fanatic don't have anything to do with being sneaky....

Now, if you really want to try to wrap your brain around something....consider a berserk unit that is designated as slealthy, (feo example commandos or Gurkhas). You can (and many have) knock your head against that wall for quite a while with no satisfactory result.... We've played it that stealthy and berserk laxness cancel each other out. Is that correct? I dunno....

Jazz

Jack Dionne

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
One would of thought that with the 2nd edition rules out this should have been made as clear as mud.
Thanks Jeff and Jazz