Family fantasy football league, questions

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
People in my family are huge sports fans. I recently was invited to participate in the upcoming season (2013/2014); The draft is to start around august IIRC. There's 10 people in this league including my brother, 3 nephews, 1 niece, a few other people who are friends of my nephews. In this league it's $50 per member, which is no big deal, with the winner to get $400 and second place $100. I like sports, but I can't honestly say I'm a big sports fan (that means I don't know a whole lot about all the players .. I know more stats of WWII vehicles than I do football player stats by far :D ). I've been trying to figure out exactly how it works, my brother & one nephew have been explaining it to me to some extent (passing vs running yardage & points, etc). I've been doing some research on my own to:

1) find a good site which goes in depth as far as the rules go, but I haven't really found one that's very satisfactory (it's not like the rules to ASL or other games which are very cut & dried & detailed, the rules seem more ... I don't know, tangentional or something, no examples).
2) some good sites or videos to give me an idea of what strategy to use, not only in playing each game (having the roster set by wednesday or what not) but especially as far as choosing players in the draft (what strategy, who to choose etc..). This is the site my brother recommended:
http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/draftanalysis?tab=SD&pos=QB&sort=DA_AP

Anyone who is familiar with fantasy football, I'd appreciate any good advice, or links to good sites, as to the two points above.

Thanks

Last edited: