Falling Rubble, RF Cellars

apbills

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
O6.1 states in part: "A RF Cellar Location is considered the equivalent of another non-rooftop building Location in that hex (even for falling rubble [B24.12] and Victory Condition purposes) except as specified otherwise. "

What does that mean for Falling Rubble? B24.12 states in part: "The colored dr is modified by +1 for each non-rooftop level of the building hex above ground level which was rubbled by that shot."

Does it mean that if the Cellar Location is rubbled, every level above the cellar (including the ground level) gets a +1 drm?

Reaction score
First name
Ricardo
Country
llSpain
The +1drm is to check whether there is falling rubble into adjacent hexes. All locations above the rubbled location collapse (B24.11). The modifiers are added to the DR to check if the coloured die is 7.

apbills

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The +1drm is to check whether there is falling rubble into adjacent hexes. All locations above the rubbled location collapse (B24.11). The modifiers are added to the DR to check if the coloured die is 7.
Perhaps the nuance of my question was not understood. In an RB game, assume a setDC is in the cellar of O18 and rubbles that Location. Does the Falling Rubble drm get a +3 or a +2? The B24.12 states in part "...The colored dr is modified by +1 for each non-rooftop level of the building hex above ground level which was rubbled ..." which would be a +2 for non-RB games. My assumption is that the RB rule for Cellars which states "A RF Cellar Location is considered the equivalent of another non-rooftop building Location in that hex (even for falling rubble [B24.12] and Victory Condition purposes) except as specified otherwise. " implies that you would get a +3, for ground, level 1 and level 2. Locations above the rubbled location, even though the falling rubble rule says "above ground level" and there are still only 2 Locations rubbled "above ground level" along with the ground level and the cellar level.

The wording in RF is not clear in the way it is worded, since it does not state it is modifying the "above ground level" with "above the lowest rubbled Location", rather it just states there is another location in that hex, which happens to be below ground level.

Reaction score
First name
Ricardo
Country
llSpain
I would say that the key is in the part of the RF rules that states: ”even for falling rubble (B24.12)”. I think thus you would have in this case a +3 drm.