Will the Track have a effect on the bog rules in Broken terrain
No bog for hammada so ????

Styrk

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
Per F9.2 a track eliminates the bog check for sand & hammada. Broken Ground is neither of those, so the track does not affect bog in Broken Ground hexes.

JR

styrk

The open minded on
Reaction score
Country
llNorway
well reasoning for asking is that the bog tab broken from how i read it is hammada and hammada dont't bog on tracks so ...
So what is the bog DR mods for Broken then ??????

styrk

The open minded on
Reaction score
Country
llNorway
The second thing that makes me wonder is this AAR
http://www.gamesquad.com/forums/index.php?forums/after-action-reports.31/

"The scenario uses Broken Terrain and Moderate Dust. The first means that the Axis have no choice but to take lots of Bog checks, unless they stick to the track, which is certain to be mined"
Well more then half the hexes on the track is broken did they do it wrong then???

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
well reasoning for asking is that the bog tab broken from how i read it is hammada and hammada dont't bog on tracks so ...
I don't see any rule that says Broken Ground is hammada. Can you quote the rule? All I see is per F13.1 "each non-Depression Open Ground [EXC: not scrub, hammada or sand] hex Accessible to hammada (now crag) becomes a Broken Ground hex; i.e., it is treated as Concealment Terrain with a +1 TEM (but is neither an obstacle nor a Hindrance to LOS), uses doubled Chapter B Open Ground MF/MP costs, and becomes a Bog hex for all vehicles." In that there is no mention of the Broken Ground hex being, becoming or being similar to a hammada hex, only that it is an Open Ground hex accessible to (a former) one.

It is not an unreasonable to suspect that there might be a missing erratum for this scenario, but I am not aware of one. I don't see any rule that removes the Bog DR when using a track through a Broken Ground hex.

So what is the bog DR mods for Broken then ??????
What are the bog DR mods for being adjacent to a marsh [B16.43]? They are the same as that.

JR

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
The second thing that makes me wonder is this AAR
http://www.gamesquad.com/forums/index.php?forums/after-action-reports.31/

"The scenario uses Broken Terrain and Moderate Dust. The first means that the Axis have no choice but to take lots of Bog checks, unless they stick to the track, which is certain to be mined"
Well more then half the hexes on the track is broken did they do it wrong then???
I suspect you mean this AAR: http://www.gamesquad.com/forums/index.php?threads/aar-j79-rommels-remedy.148345/

I have no idea if they did it wrong. To me it sounds as if they thought the track prevented Bog DRs. However if they avoided the track because they thought it mined, perhaps it had no impact.

JR

wrongway149

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I honestly do not remember if I intended it one way or the other. Barring errata, play it by the rules.