Extremely confused about kindling

foolcow

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
If a leader alone in a location wants to set fire to a location, how many DRs must be made? I'm thinking 2 - He must first make a DR less than or equal to his morale (NTC), and then make the kindling roll only if he passed the NTC. Is this correct?

Suppose there are 2 squads in the location, and the leader is directing them both on a kindling attempt. How many DRs are made in this case?

SamB

Shut up and play!
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Looking at B25.11 I think a leader alone would roll a TC to see if he could attempt kindling, and then would roll to see if he actually set a fire. (A TC followed by a roll greater than or equal to the kindling number for that terrain.) Note that he can't affect his own kindling attempt with his leadership modifier, and there is a -2 modifier to the kindling attempt if he tries to set the fire himself.

If two squads are stacked with a leader, the leader is the only one that needs to pass the NTC. Then he can direct both squads in the kindling attempt. (So up to three DR.) In this case, since you need to roll higher than the kindling number to be sucessful, you reverse the leaders modifier. (a 9-2 gets to add 2 to the DR of the squad.)

IYAOYAS

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I think you have two choices:
1)
-NTC
-squad 1 (+leadership)
-squad 2 (+leadership)

or

2)
-NTC
-leader (-2 DRM)
-squad 1
-squad 2

Only the presence of a SMC is required for the two squads to make kindling DRs. The leader can direct the squads or make his own kindling DR.