extension problems (e.g., oba-flowchart NPE)

uckelman

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
We have somebody posting about VASL extensions issue in our fourm: https://forum.vassalengine.org/t/3-6-2-and-vasl-6-6-3-1-oba-flowchart-vmdx-error/73348

Does anybody recognize those errors? It looks like the oba-flowchart extension in use isn't compatible with Vassal 3.6. Is there a current one? If not, it needs to be fixed and recompiled. There's also a bug in VASL.build.module.ColorChanger.changeColor(), which, despite its name, isn't in VASL but is in one of the extensions loaded, though I can't tell which one.

The only error there I see which is for us to sort out on the Vassal side is the SSL certificate one---which, if anyone here is able to replicate that, please let me know, as I cannot and have no way of troubleshooting it myself.

bprobst

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Bruce
Country
llAustralia
The extension does actually still work though. You get the error message when you first open the extension in a session, and then after that everything behaves correctly.

uckelman

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
If the extension really does still work, then that code isn't being called and can just be deleted. Either way, I've opened a ticket so someone can look into it.

DougRim

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Away from my desk fro a couple of weeks. Will work on this in January.

In terms of the ColorChanger thing, based on the other post from @uckelman with the stack trace, this appears to be in an obsolete extension. We should not fix it. We should just tell users to delete it.