Extended Edition Blu-Ray

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
This will be the third time I've bought the movie - still kicking myself for buying Fellowship of the Ring in Standard rather than Widescreen... wised up and bought the Extended Versions, but now I broke down and bought the latest 15-disc Blu-ray, though I wasn't convinced there was anything new I didn't already possess.

One thing I am noticing, which may be a quirk of my hardware, is that every time I turn the movie off to watch TV instead or leave the room and come back - the disc resets and I have to start over from the start, including the Alliance logo and all the movie previews. Yes, I can fast forward through them (and the FBI warnings, in both French and English), but it's a pain, particularly since any other movie I own will let me stop and start at will, power off the machine, and come back to the precise spot.

I've tried to find some menu option on the player that may have changed - hate hitting buttons on the remote by accident - and haven't tried other movies yet to see if this is confined to the LotR disc. But has anyone else noticed this problem?

Redwolf

Member # 3665
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I watch them on Linux. The only way to watch them there doesn't even know how to display any of the garbage in front. And the software to play it with is the same software that I use for regular videos.

Concerns like yours are the reason why I went blu ray so late. Hardware manufacturers and their lazy programmers don't get to tell me how I watch my movies.

Last edited: