Broken Ground Design Thread

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Its summer. Who else thinks Alan's been sitting around, drinking margaritas and licking Mr Whippy?

footsteps

Just visiting
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
If everything in the ASL world happened according to schedule, I would be broke.
Central to my business plan is finding the most efficient means of transferring funds from your wallet to mine, all the while keeping you blissfully happy.

Tooz

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Oh my God...counters on wrong side of sheet or worse--printed backwards? :rolleyes:o_O:mad::unsure:

footsteps

Just visiting
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
The story thus far.

The current printing of counter sheets comprises two parts: a special (custom) order; and a regular (Pre-order) printing. The special order weighs in at about 20 kg, which is about 8% of the total order.

Because of the multiple delays experienced over the past month, I asked that the special order be given priority. This morning I went to the printer's to pick up that order - and immediately saw that the sheets had been die-cut backwards, with the broken/wreck side "on top" (similar to what happened with HOB's German Captured Vehicles back in the day).

My printer, Keith, called the die-cutter, Val, to halt further die-cutting. I'm not sure how much of the rest of the order had been cut to that point. I guess I now have 20-40 kg of incorrectly die-cut counter sheets - aka kindling. And as we all know, Kindling is NA in 99.9% of ASL scenarios.

Keith has taken the lead to make sure that the necessary sheets are re-printed and properly die-cut, along with the rest of the order.

In short, more delays.

Sorry.

Tooz

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The story thus far.

The current printing of counter sheets comprises two parts: a special (custom) order; and a regular (Pre-order) printing. The special order weighs in at about 20 kg, which is about 8% of the total order.

Because of the multiple delays experienced over the past month, I asked that the special order be given priority. This morning I went to the printer's to pick up that order - and immediately saw that the sheets had been die-cut backwards, with the broken/wreck side "on top" (similar to what happened with HOB's German Captured Vehicles back in the day).

My printer, Keith, called the die-cutter, Val, to halt further die-cutting. I'm not sure how much of the rest of the order had been cut to that point. I guess I now have 20-40 kg of incorrectly die-cut counter sheets - aka kindling. And as we all know, Kindling is NA in 99.9% of ASL scenarios.

Keith has taken the lead to make sure that the necessary sheets are re-printed and properly die-cut, along with the rest of the order.

In short, more delays.

Sorry.
Well, best to wait for a well made product. A little more waiting lies ahead.
Oh well, carry on!

olli

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Alan shit happens and most here fully understand your frustration. Better the wait than like HoB did send out he product thinking people would be happy with the back printed counters. Then send the replacement sheets out costing two lots of shipping .
At least if they are corrected prior to shipping only the original charge counts. You also have happier customers. Far better the delay.

olli

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Sneak them onto eBay after everything else has sold out packaged as ultra rare one offs.
If imprinted stamps and coins can be worth more....
Devious you are my friend! But I admit having the wrecked vehicle side on the front would make the OCD/CDO people here very happy as extras ......

Alan Hume

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
It's just life. I'm in no rush and happy to wait. I'm sure most folks will feel the same

PTY

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I think we all should get one or two of the incorrect sheets to slide into a game and see if our opponent notices.

rdw5150

it's just a game
Reaction score
First name
Roger
Country
llUnited States
........... would make the OCD/CDO people here very happy as extras ......
? I am one of those OCD people. ? The HoB German vehicles drove me nuts. Especially concealed (dummies) stuff as it gave it away (we quickly learned to start using proxy counters until the vehicle was seen).

Peace

Roger

footsteps

Just visiting
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
On holiday...

... and off-grid until Sep. 8th. The Store is closed for now.

I've received the first batch of sheets, and the rest will be ready this week. I will start shipping to Pre-Orders the week of Sep. 9th.

Again, my apologies for the delays, but this has been beyond my control.

Thank you for your patience.

Alan

olli

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
On holiday...

... and off-grid until Sep. 8th. The Store is closed for now.

I've received the first batch of sheets, and the rest will be ready this week. I will start shipping to Pre-Orders the week of Sep. 9th.

Again, my apologies for the delays, but this has been beyond my control.

Thank you for your patience.

Alan
Not a problem Alan , you know we ASLers are used to waiting on products I look forward to getting mine for sure!