Broken Ground Design Thread

Yuri0352

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
A positive observation...
I noticed that the 'nubs' attaching the counters to the sheets appear to be only at the corners, in the same manner as the newer MMP/BFP counters. This is a very nice feature as it will make removing and trimming the counters much easier than was the case with the old AH counters which had those annoying nubs in the center of the counter sides.

Certainly a vast improvement over the recent CH nationality counters.
Great work!

footsteps

Just visiting
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Why does your set have a 3 for smoke when the original has a 1? Or am I missing something?
AE smoke is +2 of normal.

So a regular Squad with smoke of 1 (black on white) will have smoke of 3 (white on black) when designated as AE.

See the first post in this thread for further explanations.

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
A positive observation...
I noticed that the 'nubs' attaching the counters to the sheets appear to be only at the corners, in the same manner as the newer MMP/BFP counters. This is a very nice feature as it will make removing and trimming the counters much easier than was the case with the old AH counters which had those annoying nubs in the center of the counter sides.

Certainly a vast improvement over the recent CH nationality counters.
Great work!
/seconded.

von Marwitz

Tooz

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Just got these counters today--they look GREAT and I cannot wait until I get to use these in action! From Broken Ground. The French sheet was done for me as a favor (I have a lot of testing for the french in 2018) and the second sheet is a "teaser" for use with two scenarios: "Ambush" and "Weill To Fight Eradicated". Two classics now enhanced with better looking (in my opinion) counters. Toys, toys, toys!IMG_5127.JPG IMG_5129.JPG

Attachments

MAS01

Reaction score
First name
Mark
Country
llUnited States
Hey Alan!

Any updates on this project?

Cheers,

Mark

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I got the sample countersheets from Alan today and .. listen .. I am NOT a counter-slut cause I hate dealing with all the counters & sorting and stuff .. but DANG .. they look good. They REALLY do.

I spent the rest of the day after my hike taking photos of them. Will put up a review soon!!

Rgds Jack

BattleSchool

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I too was pleasantly surprised at the quality of the sample counter sheets. I scanned them this morning, and plan to post my impressions in the New Year.

If I can convince my oppo to play RPT137 this Saturday, we'll test drive some of the French and Baddies at the same time.

MAS01

Reaction score
First name
Mark
Country
llUnited States
I got the sample countersheets from Alan today and .. listen .. I am NOT a counter-slut cause I hate dealing with all the counters & sorting and stuff .. but DANG .. they look good. They REALLY do.

I spent the rest of the day after my hike taking photos of them. Will put up a review soon!!

Rgds Jack

Looking to fill in the French and Italian holes in my collection.

footsteps

Just visiting
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
New error found! French 1st Line HS, ID "T" should NOT be Fanatic. The Broken side is correct.

Doh!

I look forward to some action shots of these babies!

footsteps

Just visiting
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
** Update: it looks like counter back separation is endemic with the French counter sheet. :mad:

I will be having words with my printer.

Tooz

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
"I will be having words with my printer."--footsteps
All part of the proofing and testing. The Ambush!/Will To Fight... counters punched with a nice clean snap with no tears, tugs or splits.
I am sure this issue will be solved.
Part of the process that ensures quality.