experiments with d100

Pete AU

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Has anybody tried using a d100 for arty aquisition instead of black/red chits or cards. Seems like it would be easy to work out the changing % and roll a d100. Sometimes the chance element isnt there when you ''recognize'' that dog eared card or the scratched chit.

Phil Palmer

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
>Has anybody tried using a d100 for arty aquisition instead of black/red >chits or cards. Seems like it would be easy to work out the changing % >and roll a d100. Sometimes the chance element isnt there when >you ''recognize'' that dog eared card or the scratched chit.

You could say the same thing for TH and IFT DRs too--work out the percentage to get a result, but it just wouldn't feel the same. And what about a "borderline" d100 roll---say you have a US 8/3 deck and you roll
a 73--is that close enough to be good, or do you kiss that 0.7% goodbye.
I think the solution is to draw chits out of sight (under the table, from
a box over your head), or splurge for new deck of cards. For heaven's sake how much do you have invested in ASL?

Phil "thinks d100 are for RPGs" Palmer

UXB

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Probably easier drawing chits or cards

It's probably not worth the added overhead of modifying percentages on a
chart or table.

The chit or card draw takes care of modifying the probablitlities automatically.

A chart to handle the percentatges would be complicated since you'd have
to have many cases. If you drew a black then use this column if red
use the next.

Dice Rolls assume an independence of past events, the OBA draws support
the dependence on previous results.

Hubbs5

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I use the cards I downloaded from Mark Pitcavage's website. He has some really cool OBA cards you can download for free. I laminated them and they seem like they will last forever. Only problem is I can't convince him to put 3 black and 1 red card to a page. He still like the 2 and 2 format but the most red cards you need are three and the rest are just a waste. But hey they look awesome and they are free so who am I to complain. :)