Ever done this?

rgrove

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
When new and still learning have you ever run an entire scenario and realized you never placed a single Residual Firepower counter, or checked ROF on your MGs, or noticed ELR on morale checks or made some other completely stupid mistake for the entire game. (Forgetting to half Advancing Fire by non Bounding fire units etc.)

Hate to admit but Ive done a couple of the above. (Well ok, Ive done all of them but only once each!)

clubby

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Yes, it's very common to learn to integrate different parts of the game as you progress. Even as you get more experienced, you and your opponent will realize you don't need to put resid down everywhere because no more units can possibly move through those hexes, for example.

clubby

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I forgot to bring my reinforcements in one game. Hell, the game I'm playing now I forgot to bring a couple reinforcements in. My opponent was generous enough to let me bring them in later in my turn as their entry had no significance to any d fire or attacks in the AFPh.

Bad Dice

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Forgot to place a HIP ATG at least once. Same for at least one opponent. I've been playing ASL since it was SL, at that.

BD

Yuri0352

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I've become better at remembering the aforementioned issues, but I still frequently forget to use the assault fire bonus for my M-1 equipped Americans and the Russian SMG squads.