Eve Uni under siege

Chaim628

Reaction score
Country
llSwitzerland
Well, what a start. Just got in an Eve University is getting a wardec... once again. From Cry Havoc this time, after the last one just ended. :angry:

Good thing is I got to fly fleet in low sec :smoke:

Wonder why corps are targeting Eve Uni this much...

Dr Zaius

Chief Defender of the Faith
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
I have never fought against EVE University, but I understand they can be a fearsome opponent when provoked.

Chaim628

Reaction score
Country
llSwitzerland
Well some FC look pretty good at what they're doing. Well organised team : Call for fleet, you get organised and then search and swarm other fleets. The large number of noobs tend to lead to a lot of tackling, jamming the enemy out of action.:whist: We delivered more damage then we took so far. :)

Dr Zaius

Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
I still have a lot to learn about PvP. Perhaps I will join EVEU in the not too distant future.

Chaim628

Reaction score
Country
llSwitzerland
And here we go again, even before the last one died out. Custodis Silenti wardecced us a few days ago.:( So far no major engagements, it looks like they are camping until some of us make a mistake, go out alone or something :angry:

Went on wormhole fleet yesterday. Really cool, we bumped on medium sentries and rats and took them all out, plenty of loot :bite:

Chaim628

Reaction score
Country
llSwitzerland
And another one with IDLE... We went to close the deal fast with a large fleet of more than 80 ships. When we arrived at the scene there was some gate bait which we resisted but then we got another bait in the form of a lone carrier. We got order to engage but then got jumped by a large bunch of other carriers and BS. My engagement with the monsters summarizes as follows : pew, pew,BANG; BANG; BANG, pooof. But I got away in the pod, victory of sorts. When the dust settled we lost 19 ships for like 1-2 of them...

Dr Zaius

Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
Does EVEU field capitals or are your fleets made up of lots of small ships?

pward

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
If it's all frigates/cruisers losses for EVEU and battleships for the other side, EVEU probably came out ahead in ISK losses...

Chaim628

Reaction score
Country
llSwitzerland
There is a good spread of types but frigates/cruisers tend to be numerous, not very atypical for a Uni I'd guess. And yes, we tend to loose much more ships but end up losing less value. This pirate corp is tough though, lots of capital ships. But if we take out a freighter or so it will be painful for them. Like someone said on the Eve forum : "oh you killed 50 frigates, that's 15M, hmm that hurts... oh we took out a freighter... that's 2B" :D

Dr Zaius

Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
Some of these people attacking you are doing it for profit. If you destroy one or two of their valuable ships, they probably won't make a profit even if they destroy your entire fleet. They might decide to go away if they are losing ISK.

But PvP groups are just looking for a good fight. The harder you fight them and the more innovative the tactics, the more they will come back.

Chaim628

Reaction score
Country
llSwitzerland
Profit is out as we just pulled the freighter trick on them : a whopping 5.6B ! They will be pretty angry by now but they thought they had us for a ride killing frigates and cruisers. Now they will have to kill a few thousand of those just to get even and it won't bring back most of the money...

And you're right, they told us they redecced because we were so much fun. That will be much less now :D So we just go hiding on the battlefield and roam elsewhere with small groups for more prizes. Maybe they go somewhere else then. I read they are at war with Red Alliance too.

Last edited:

Chaim628

Reaction score
Country
llSwitzerland
This is so hilarously true. From the Eve Uni forum :

How we fight a war -
We form a Grand Blob with 3 people who have been to lots of wars, 20 people who have just taken the tackling class, 5 people who are wondering what a "TS" is, and 1 person who is so new they think this is part of the tutorial. It takes us 10 minutes to figure out if we are a "tackler" or an "EW", and we haven't even left the station yet.

We find the enemy. As Leader #1 "calls a primary" 4 people put their vote in gang chat, then Leader #2 says "Jam that guy" and somewhere someone stands up from their computer and starts to do the "Hammer", And although nobody ever quite realizes this is what happened, Leader #3 has already been podded by 5 of our own guys who are now super excited they killed an enemy Battleship.

After the dust clears we've got 5 people left - shot 5 of the enemy (net loss 45) and for us this is a MASSIVE FREAKIN VICTORY! It is too cause our ships cost 1mil each and thiers about 200. We try to remember which way is home and then fly off in the wrong direction as somewhere nearby, sitting in their pod in a station, someone is thinking this is the best tutorial in an MMO ever.

Dr Zaius

Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
Do the people who run EVEU see these little wars as useful in helping to train recruits, or are they generally considered to be interference?

Chaim628

Reaction score
Country
llSwitzerland
I think there is a dual feeling : this is a good way to train people but at the same time it is attracting a bit too much wars of corps who want to have some fun shooting turkeys (although they systematically loose a lot in the process...). We got another one from the Gang Bangers :angry: Soon I will have forgotten how to run a PvE mission...

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Do the people who run EVEU see these little wars as useful in helping to train recruits, or are they generally considered to be interference?
Short wars once and a while are useful for training but when the wars run for weeks on end, it hurts the Uni mission and you will notice the corp members online drop quiet alot when war drags on.

Chaim628

Reaction score
Country
llSwitzerland
Short wars once and a while are useful for training but when the wars run for weeks on end, it hurts the Uni mission and you will notice the corp members online drop quiet alot when war drags on.
True, we dropped below 900 now. Difficult for me to say how many left since new ones are arriving every day, but it certainly is a negative. The Uni is quite open to that and allow people to come back and regain status easily.
Although I'd like to run some plain missions by now, Uni still provides income, free tools and replacements after battle. Actually I could not have made what I do now without the Uni.

Chaim628

Reaction score
Country
llSwitzerland
And we had another one by Oblivion but after a couple of losses they retracted. IDLE howerver redecced and we had some large engagements lately. We have lost no less than 122 ships so far but 2/3 are cruiser or smaller, so we are still at 84.7% efficiency.

Revthought

Reaction score
Eve-uni is a target for many reasons, only one of them being the desire to "gank noobs."

Mostly its the way that those who run Eve-uni arrogantly represent themselves and what they do on the forums, tbh.

This paints a big target on their head.

-R

Chaim628

Reaction score
Country
llSwitzerland
Mostly its the way that those who run Eve-uni arrogantly represent themselves and what they do on the forums, tbh.
This paints a big target on their head.
-R
Is that so ? I have not found them to be anything like that at all... They are extremely cooperative and helping out new players. My mentor is really great and shows incredible patience with me.
They do say that other corps should think twice before declaring war as almost all of them lose out. IDLE has lost a whopping 6.6B by now so they probably whished they had chosen another noob corp. I understand this might annoy/challenge even more but chances are they will get hurt pretty bad every time they try.

Just read a good description of E-UNI : It is like a nest of bees : if attacked it will sting hard. You'll probably kill a lot of the small animals but you'll end up in the hospital. If left alone it will carry on with it's own business.