European MP Battles

Von der Tann

Schlachtkreuzer
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Since trans-atlantic multi player battles have proven to be problematic, I'd like to establish a community on this side of the pond. I will be back online around 1800 CET (1700 GMT) today and be ready to host a game.

Hamachi network:
SES European Players

Password:
Uranos

paulferris1964

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
ll
I'd certainly like to try multiplayer, so please bear me in mind next time you play. I may have missed you, but I couldn't find the network via the hamachi serach websites (not that I've used hamachi before, though).

Von der Tann

Schlachtkreuzer
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Pity... we could have used another player. But we had fun anyway, and I think it was a good start. I'll try to make up a scenario for next week, something that is manageable for a load of four to five players.

bolitho

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
maybe I will with you next time, I installed hamachi yesterday and peeked into the network. But this was after 18CET so I didn´t try to join the MP.
To be sure, all one has to do is to join the network and then start Jutland and search a active MP?

greetings,

Thomas

Von der Tann

Schlachtkreuzer
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
I noticed you peeking... :ciao:

Once you are in the network, you can join the MP game via the hosts Hamachi IP address that is shown beside each players name. It went well yesterday, and I hope that it will continue to do so, provided we don't spread the players too far. And since Europe is a bit smaller than the huge US of A, we should be OK.

bolitho

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
one additional question:
as hamachi offers one chat window there is no possibility to obtain two different chat channels for each side?
So every party could read any communication e.g. "To BC: please attack the AC in the north" ups :hush:

Invincible

Reaction score
In Hamachi you can set up multiple chat windows by establishing new networks in hamachi and have these windows open. I think it is most common to have an initial chat window for everyone then when the players pick sides, set up an additional network for each side that only players from that side use.

bolitho

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
sounds good, which scenario (maybe I have to load a custom one) do you usually play? Of course it should depend on the number of players...

Tanyrhiew

Reaction score
Country
ll
I enjoyed last weeks mp even if I did miss out on making the obvious joke (whats the german for 'there seems to be something wrong with our bloody ships'?). So 1900CET (1800GMT)?

Von der Tann

Schlachtkreuzer
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Yes, 18.00 GMT - provided you don't mind fighting on an empty stomach, in which case we can easily change to 19.00 GMT (20.00 CET).

I am currently working on a scenario that should be OK for four to six players, will send it out tonight or early tomorrow. If we use it, the British superiority in terms of capital ships will be substantial, so both ACH settings should be ON.

Von der Tann

Schlachtkreuzer
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Three of us are here already, but since I will need a small bite first, we should be good to go at 19.20 CET (18.20 GMT). But we will be able to assign forces and make necessary changes from 19.00 CET onwards.