Europe Aflame T3(b) Wyatt "Veers" Courtney vs. Mark "The Maker" Stevens [PARTIAL]

Mantis

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
OUCH! Bet you're wishing I had posted this a couple weeks ago when it first came to my attention! :laugh:

Well, it sounds like Mark needs a few breaks to go his way to help balance the affair out! :D

Veers

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
OUCH! Bet you're wishing I had posted this a couple weeks ago when it first came to my attention! :laugh:
Not too worried. They'd be nice place-holders, but other than that not a real big loss.

Well, it sounds like Mark needs a few breaks to go his way to help balance the affair out! :D
Oh, besides losing in the USSR, he's done pretty well.

Last edited:

Veers

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Into September '40. I'm just too inundated with turns and life to update this, or my other, AARs in a timely manner.

Mantis

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Well, I've mixed feelings about that - sorry to hear that you're swamped, but relieved, as it makes me feel a little less guilty because I am swamped, and can't get you a turn in a timely manner... :laugh:

Veers

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Well, I've mixed feelings about that - sorry to hear that you're swamped, but relieved, as it makes me feel a little less guilty because I am swamped, and can't get you a turn in a timely manner... :laugh:
Heh heh...you're turn is still sitting in my box...coming up on 8 days...:OHNO:
So I'm glad you're swamped. :laugh:

Veers

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Turn 8

8/19-25/39 T8
USSR:
In a shocking, well, not that shocking, development the thus far only lightly tested Wehrmacht has continued east, through Poland, into the USSR. Unfortunately, neither Zhukov nor Timoshenko were able to make it to their new commands before hostilities broke out. Both are now building new Head-Quarter staffs for the Western and Baltic Fronts at Vitebsk and Pskov, respectively. The Southern Front has also been activated, with Koniev headed to that command. Budenny will take over command of the Trans-Caucus Front.
Baltic Front: The Germans have railed three infantry Corps through the friendly Baltic states up to 75km north-east of Riga. In a stunning move, two German divisions were landed at Talinn, threatening Leningrad. A single German Armoured Corps is 25km south of Riga. The only successful Soviet attack came here as two Motorized Corps attacks three entrained German Corps, taking light losses for a good harvest of dead Germans.
Pic.12: Baltic Front.

Western Front: Lithuania has become a major battleground as about half of the Western Front has been pocketed by German and Baltic troops. East of the Pripet Marshes the other half of the Western Front is in the process of being surrounded by German mobile troops. Minsk has been reinforced to act as a large road-block to German forces, while a defensive line is being built from Pskov to Orsha. Desperate attacks by the pocketed Western Front yielded very little.
Pic.13: Western Front.

Southern Front: In the south much weaker German forces are attacking Lvov. The Romanians have advanced to the Dneister River, but have yet to cross it. Being the least important part of the front, very few troops have been sent here, mostly NKVD Divisions.
Pic.14: Southern Front.

Norway:
The Norwegians, the UK 1st Armoured, the UK Royal Engineers, and the Free Polish Division have all been pulled out the line and are going to be headed, via rail, to just south of Narvik next week, the first leg of their journey to Finland, to assist the Reds there.

Finland:
The Finns made 25km of progress towards Leningrad this week. Elsewhere in Finland Soviet troops have been stripped away to bear minimums in order to ship all available troops to the main front.
Pic.15

Iran:
Budenny, who is taking over the Trans-Caucus Front, has inherited a very weak Front. Progress is steady, however, with another 50km of territory gained.

France:
The French are contemplating offensive action, now that the vast majority of the Whermacht is in the Soviet Union. What they will do for sure is send three Corps to Marseille in preparation for an immediate counter-blow at Anzio, should the Italians join Herr Stevens in his foolish crusade.
In preparation for any action, the entirety of the French and British Air Forces has been moved closer to the border with Germany.

North/Baltic Seas:
The French Atlantic Navy has forces its way through the islands east of Denmark into the Baltic Sea to assist the Soviet Navy. The British Home Fleet and Force ‘H’ will attempt to do the same in the coming days.

North Africa:
The ‘Army of the Nile’ has been withdrawn form the front line on the Egypt-Libya border to be sent to Iran. The Arab Legion is now streaking across the desert towards Iran.

Bdr.Mallette

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Hey,

looks good.
How do you paste your pics into the text though?
I've tried before in the past to cut and paste but it doesn't accept the paste.

So, upload pics or what?

thanks for any answers...

Bombardier Mallette

Mantis

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
If you U/L pics, they appear as links (conserves bandwidth). If you want to embed them, you need to get an image hosting site. Very easy, and complete instructions can be found in a thread in the main TOAW forum entitled 'embedding a picture in your post' (or something along those lines) posted by Larry.

Last edited:

Veers

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
If you U/L pics, they appear as links (conserves bandwidth). If you want to embed them, you need to get an image hosting site. Very easy, and complete instructions can be found in a thread in the main TOAW forum entitled 'embedding a picture in your post' (or something along those lines) posted by Larry.
Which reminds me, I gave that thread a bump in answer to your question, Bdr. I take it that your 'test' thread indicates that you did in fact see it?

Bdr.Mallette

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Yep,

thanks a lot eh!

I always seem to miss finding out about stuff like that.
Now I know.
I should take a class in Webmaster'ing....lol.

anyhoo...thanks again.

sapper32

Reaction score
Country
ll
Reconstituting units

Hi just read this AAR and saw the comments about some Brit units in Norway that wont reconstitute if destroyed how do you know which units reconstitute and which dont??? Great AAR by the way cheers Ian

Veers

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Hi just read this AAR and saw the comments about some Brit units in Norway that wont reconstitute if destroyed how do you know which units reconstitute and which dont??? Great AAR by the way cheers Ian
Has to be looked up in the editor.

Veers

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Re: Europe Aflame TOAW III (b) Wyatt "Veers" Courtney vs. Mark "The Maker" Stevens

Introducing Field Marshall Wyatt Courtney and his lovely assistant Sergeant Frances Stolker.
This is the first, and hopefully worst (as in they'll get better), live action After Action Report. This particular segment details (loosely) the German Invasion of Poland in 1939.

ENJOY!
Polish Campaign

:vsign: Wyatt "Veers" Courtney, pushing the boundaries of AARs yet again. :vsign:

Noted Mistakes: Just so you guys can't have the pleasure of pointing out the obvious to me!!
First: Frances admits she had no idea what she was talking about and I didn't fill her in very well, so her mistakes are thus explained. :laugh:
Second: Yes, I know I said 'west' when I meant east.
Third: When describing the Sovs, I know I said east twice...:facepalm: :laugh:
Fourth: We realize the camera isn't quite level.
Fifth: It's Prusy, not...that other word it might sound like. :shy:

Last edited:

Raver

TOAW Ironman
Reaction score
Country
llNew Zealand
Re: Europe Aflame TOAW III (b) Wyatt "Veers" Courtney vs. Mark "The Maker" Stevens

Hey that's a really cool way to do an AAR. Thanks I enjoyed that a lot.

L`zard

Strangely Deranged!
Reaction score

Introducing Field Marshall Wyatt Courtney and his lovely assistant Sergeant Frances Stolker.
This is the first, and hopefully worst (as in they'll get better), live action After Action Report. This particular segment details (loosely) the German Invasion of Poland in 1939.

ENJOY!
Polish Campaign

:vsign: Wyatt "Veers" Courtney, pushing the boundaries of AARs yet again. :vsign:

Noted Mistakes: Just so you guys can't have the pleasure of pointing out the obvious to me!!
First: Frances admits she had no idea what she was talking about and I didn't fill her in very well, so her mistakes are thus explained. :laugh:
Second: Yes, I know I said 'west' when I meant east.
Third: When describing the Sovs, I know I said east twice...:facepalm: :laugh:
Fourth: We realize the camera isn't quite level.
Fifth: It's Prusy, not...that other word it might sound like. :shy:
Pretty nice stuff, Wyatt!

Obvious that Frances didn't know what was up, Herr Field Marshall, I mean a 'Field Marshall' and his 'Seargent' ???? You won't get many sheets when she figures that one out, eh?

Prusy? Damm, I'll have to run this tape again, LOL!

:smoke:

Veers

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
The End of 1939

Always planned to finish this in grand design, but hey, that didn't work. i have now, however, decided to at least finish the AAR.

By the time the Winter of 39-40 set in Leningrad had fallen, but Moscow and Stalingrad remained and Mark had failed to knock the Soviet Union out of the war. The French were very much alive and well, having taken a small part of Germany, and in Norway, Mark had never quite defeated the British, who were still holding a perimeter around Trondheim.

The Eastern Front as it was following the beginning of the Winter intermission.

The Soviets had taken 85,000 LRS losses, had 72,000 in the front lines. Battered, they were still in good enough shape to start thinking of offensive operations, especially considering the Germans had broken contact to take up defensive lines.

The Western Front as it was following the beginning of the Winter intermission.

The Northern Front as it was following the beginning of the Winter intermission.

The French and British, having been on the offensive in Germany, and defending heavily in Norway, respectively, were also out of reserve Rifle Squads, having lost 33,000, leaving about 50,000 in the field.

Having taken 33,000 HRS losses, leaving only 31,000 HRS in the field, Mark realized that he was defeated in the East, and was going to now turn his attention West, to eliminate the French...

Last edited:

L`zard

Strangely Deranged!
Reaction score
Re: The End of 1939

Hey Dierk! You watching this?

:crosseye::clown::yummy:

Wyatt, is the 'screen exposure' something your getting from being a forum-helper/mod? I'm not seeing anyone else get away with this, eh?

:D

Hi, Jason!

Last edited: