Europe Aflame Interactive Combat Story

Siberian HEAT

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Some of you have probably noticed the new article on the Armchair General site called Europe Aflame Interactive Combat Story: Episode I. It uses Europe Aflame as the foundation for a series of articles dealing with the WWII ETO and allows the reader to help the commanders for both sides decide which courses of action to take. I invite you all to participate in the discussion and help the story evolve and grow.

Just keep in mind that to a certain extent we need to keep the game mechanics in an abstract form, and not confuse people with replacement schedules, TO&E flaws, or tactical considerations. We want people to learn about history using EA as a guide. Thus, if at all possible, I would ask that if you do participate to not talk about the game engine (take hex XYZ to cause Turkey to join), and instead talk about the history. We also have a crew in the background who will gently guide the story using press releases, communiques, etc. It should be an interesting experiment.

If you are able to provide links to historical materials (we are on Poland through the Sitzkrieg right now) I would be most appreciative. If you are interested in helping in a more formal way, we have room for more people in "the back room" who are helping write and guide this monster game along. Just PM me if interested.

Mantis

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I've just completed the Allied 2nd turn. It's interesting to play moves that were determined by 'proxy', so to speak. So far as the Allies, I've had to keep units in the UK that I'd like to earmark for shipping out to Africa, as the primary objective so far for the Brits is to prepare to garrison France and Norway.

The Reds have been ordered not to take Persia or Finland. (Doh! :laugh: ) But they did give me license to take the Baltic States, so that was nice.

For a little while, the polls had the main thrust of the Axis as 'Russia First', and that would have been interesting! But, perhaps for the best, it's switched over to something a little more historical in nature.

It's alot of fun to be involved in this project, it's very interesting!